Get Code for Generic Drivers

Hello,

I have a number of Bali blinds that are z-wave enabled. They were initially added with the generic z-wave shade driver. When the device was passed to Google Home, Google Home only recognized it as a switch so the blind is either open (on) or closed (off). Someone suggested along the way that I use the generic z-wave dimmer which does give me control over where I set the blind. The problem with that is that Google Home sees it as a light so when I tell Google Home to turn on the lights, it opens the blinds as well which is not desired.

I had a thought that perhaps I could put the proper code together for the Bali blinds and make it available to the community. My question is, where can I get the driver code for both the generic z-wave blind and generic z-wave dimmer? That would give me a good foundation to build from and get it just right for what Bali is expecting to see.

If the drivers are built-in typically Hubitat will not provide the code for those, however you may be lucky and there may be some sample code somewhere, just don't rely on that being the case.

Another option may be to look at one of the Community apps for integrating devices with GH, it helped in exposing devices the built-in HE app could not, so you may have some joy with it.

Only other suggestion I can make is to setup a specific routine where the trigger words are those you would prefer to use. Very much a band-aid solution...

1 Like

Per Hubitat’s documentation, the Hubitat Google Home integration does not support blinds or shades.

Thus, not sure it would be worth the effort at this time (unless the documentation is out of date! :wink: )

3 Likes

@JimTPowers

You may also wish to look into installing @mbudnek's community-maintained Google Home integration:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.