Gereric Z-Wave Garage Door Opener missing on phone app

I have 2 Gereric Z-Wave Garage Door Openers added to HE and they are working and can be managed via the HE web app and via the Alexa integration.
However these 2 devices are completely missing from the HE Phone App from where I frequently need to Open/Close them.
I reported the issue to Hubitat on May 6th with 2 follow-up emails and no reply.
Has anyone experienced and resolved this problem.
What is the best way to get Hubitat support to respond to an issue.
Thanks - Russell Cooke.

1 Like

You need to go to settings>>hubitat dashboard>> pick your dashboard then expose that device(s) to that particular dashboard (you expose to multiple dashboards if you
need)

That may have been during their transition and could have been lost in the shuffle. Primary support is now on support.hubitat.com

2 Likes

Where are you looking in the mobile app? The "Devices" feature is fairly new and only supports switches, dimmers, bulbs, and similar devices. My guess is that's what's happening for you. To get more, or to customize the way it looks, you'll need to create a Hubitat Dashboard, as suggested above.

I'd really just recommend posting general "how to" questions like this in the forum--here, like you did now. You'll likely get a faster response, and you'll save their small support team for problems that only they can handle (DOA hub, for example). Its mostly fellow users, but they do hang around here too.

2 Likes

Thank you both - Using a Dashboard with these 2 Garage Door Openers worked perfectly. I had not previously looked into Dashboard functionality - I like it!
Russell

Rooms is more experimental than anything....(It only shows switches and bulbs) I would look here for dashboard inspiration

2 Likes

Thanks but I am currently doing some pretty basic stuff with dashoards. I created a dashboard named 'Garage Door Openers' and added the 2 garage door opener devices to the dashboard.

The garage opener devices are now exposed to the phone app and can be managed by the phone app and work perfectly.

Mission accomplished.

Thanks - Russell Cooke