Geofence broke in 1.6.4 through 1.67

a reinstall does not solve the problem for me. Only rolling back to 1.6.3 gets geofence working again.

Figured i would look but they seem to have released 1.6.4 build 118 (not sure if it is beta only...) but i can say build 118 fixes my phone. Now i need to update the wife's (assuming it is not in beta).

Not sure why Support did not post the build update anywhere or notify me on the ticket.

Thank you lcw731 for the reply.
Yes, I have un/reinstalled several times, checked the power settings for the app, and turned GEO on and off several times, and the geofence circle does NOT appear anywhere.
I have tried it on 4 tablets and 1 phone (samsung s8).
The problem happens if I log out and try and log back into the app, the geofence never comes back, and the log (on the app) indicates that I am out of geofence and lat/long are both 0, although the radius does update.

The one device I have NOT logged out of is another tablet, and it is still working, but is in my car and is not a cell phone (only bluetooth and wifi), so it stops reporting when I drive away from home (because it looses wifi).

If I enable tethering on my phone (to provide the cell connectivity), the goefence works, but that is NOT the solution!

I noticed there is an updated version (1.6.5), so I am going to try that.
Thanks for your idea though!

there is a 1.6.5 up now!!!! Going to give it a try.

Why is it that when I log out in the app, then log back in, a new device is created in the hub???

Actually, I mis-read the verison. I did install 1.6.5 build 118. But when I log out and back in Florence no longer works. Seems we still have an issue here.

It also look to be a beta because I don't see it for my wife's phone.

AHHA!!! You have the same problem I am fighting now about logging out and back in.
Here is what the debug log indicates:

I am going to stop fighting this problem until a fix happens! I am getting frustrated FAST!

plus, I notice that when I close the app,, the geofence indicator on the notification bar (top) disappears, so I don't think the geofence is staying on, even though it is supposed to be running in the background.
HELP SOMEBODY!!!!

YES!!! I downgraded to 1.6.3 and IT WORKS NOW!!!!
So much for the "latest and greatest"!
I didn't do ANYTHING either in my phone settings!
It just worked!
DEFINATLEY something wrong with 1.6.4 and later!

ya going back to 1.6.3 resolves the issue. It seems the app can determine the devices location but the fails to retrieve the hubs location which I believe shows as '0' in your screenshot and what I originally posted.

@support, is there any update?

True!
Might be related to the app not showing the geofence circle since the log does indicate the radius but no lat/long info.
Hopefully that will get corrected.
I wonder how many people have the latest version and have tried logging out and back in, if the app works for them.
That might be a clue also as to why the app doesn't get the updated location info.

Did you get an update today?

**edit **
Never mind. That might be beta.

I am on the beta program and i did try the update... still no go though.
I downgraded to 1.6.3 and it works now.

Weird. Mine has been very solid on 118. Since I installed it, I have only had one instance if the presence not updating correctly when I leave.

Have you tried logging out and then back in (on phone (Android?)) and then see if the geofence still works?
That is where I found the error on 1.6.4
Since downgrading, I do not have that problem, so it is something in the app code.

Dunno if this is a change in Android's verbiage since the Hubitat app was written, but currently the app says "Geofence service is not available now. Go to Settings>Locations>Mode and choose High accuracy"

In Android 11 this should be: Settings>Location>Advanced>Google Location Accuracy>Improve Location Accuracy>On

The issue is not with the app/phone determining the GPS location of the phone. The issue is the location of the HUB is reported at LAT: 0 and LONG: 0 so unless you are at 'null island' you wont be 'in the geofence'.

So why does v. 1.6.3 work and 1.6.4 doesn't?
Nothing on my phone has changed and I have checked so many times to make sure location accuracy IS turned on. Nothing has changed.
I will stick with 1.6.3.

Same thing here. Using a Samsung S8 and it stopped at 1.6.4 and 1.6.6. Downgrade to 1.6.3 works fine again.

Hub Version: C7
Hub Firmware: 2.3.0.124
Mobile Device: Samsung S8
Android Version 9
App Version: 1.6.6

I had a power outage a couple weeks ago that forced me to log back into the app on my phone. Ever since then geofencing hasn't worked. I get the same issue of the pin and circle not showing up on the map on the phone app and showing 0 for lat and long on the debug info. I tried pressing the "Send Geo Event" button, clearing the app's cache and data, reinstalling the app, and upgrading the hub firmware. None of that worked. The only way I was able to get it to work again was by installing 1.6.3, setting up the app again, and then updating to 1.6.6.