Generic Zwave Button Controller missing options in RM4

UPDATE : After Switching to Batterys in the Fibaro Swipe it now reports numberOfButtons : 1 and it now displays the options to prefill buttons and add more buttons.

Don't know if this has been reported, couldn't find anything on a quick search.

However, I tried adding a Fibaro Swipe using the Generic Z-wave button controller, works fine, it registers 4 buttons in the device tab.

When I tried to add rules to the buttons using RM4 and Button Device I don't get the options to add buttons to it. It just blanks out.

Changing the Button device right after that, same thing to the other button controllers with dedicated drivers.

BUT

If I remove the rule and start over and I select a Button Device that I has dedicated driver it works just fine, I can add buttons etc etc.

When the option to prefill all buttons appear after I've selected a Button Device with dedicated drivers I can then change the button device to one with the Generic Button Controller and from there add buttons.

So it seems to be a UI bug when the Generic Button Controller driver is used. (No options appearing)

(Ran 2.1.7, updated to latest 2.1.8.117, issue remained)

What driver is the Fibaro Swipe using when connected to the system? Can you show the Edit Device page? What I suspect is that the driver has not published an event for the attribute "Number of Buttons". That is how the system knows how many buttons the device has. And would allow you to use it in Rule Machine.

Yeah, It doesn't publish the number of buttons.
When I swipe it registers a button number, but the variable "numberOfButtons" is not present.

Where did you get the driver?

It's the built in "Generic Z-Wave Button Controller",
There is a ST driver for the swipe, but what I read it wasn't fully working, so I'm fine with the basic button-options for now (no gesture control).

That will not work with this device as Hubitat has not implemented the swipe capability. This device is not on the support devices list as far as I know. There are some community drivers you could try but I have no idea how well they work.

Well, With the little dance (forcing the ui to display add button) it works quite well in the regard that when you swipe up/down/side to side it registers 4 different button pushes. The thing you don't get to work is the ability to combine gestures since I'm guessing these aren't sent as Button commands.

Update to the first post : The Device now displays "numberOfButtons : 1" after I switched from USB power to Battery power. (I also got battery status updated).

There is a community created driver for the swipe. The only negative I found is it doesn't give you buttons in the device view. But you get 18 total buttons that include the combined gestures which are too finicky for my oven-mit-hands.