SOLVED: Generic Zigbee Outlet Refresh Missing in RM?

Hi All

Can somebody confirm for me please...

• is the Generic Zigbee Outlet device missing a Refresh option in Rule Machine?

I can see a refresh option on the device page:

It does NOT generate any kind of error in the log when clicked, and seems to legitimately update the log file with a value.

Yet, in Rule Machine, when I select

the 3 devices I have of the same kind do NOT show up at all. There are many other devices in the list, just not any of the 3 I want!

I'm deliberately not mentioning what the 3 devices are, other than to say they are Zigbee plugs as I strongly suspect this will cloud the issue. Read: this is not a physical device issue but a RM issue not pulling in the device's Refresh capability.

Keep in mind the Generic Zigbee Outlet driver is a built-in one so we cannot verify nuffin' in it.

If this can be confirmed, we can tag Bruce.

Thanks
J

This is intentional, to prevent people from adding unnecessary periodic refresh rules to try and solve issues that it will not resolve. You can still access the command through Custom Actions but I would caution against it. If your mesh is strong and the device is functioning properly, there should be no reason to refresh the device from a rule. If you have to occasionally do so to troubleshoot, the command is still accessible from the Hubitat UI.

2 Likes

Thanks. I'll take that to heart although the referenced thread is for Z-Wave & not Zigbee (Really, I did do a search before posting!)

Two points worth bearing in mind:

• As @glenn said in that post: "That being said, situations do arise where, for one reason or another, the hub might not be reporting the correct state of a device." And this is exactly what happened today - for some reason the sync was lost which a refresh would always solve in future. In this particular case the system impact is negligible.
  • Mike also tells one how to do so via a custom command! The truth be told I have already implemented it via this method. To my own point then, "hiding" it makes only slightly less "abused", and implies "power users only".

Anyways, it is what it is.

It's applicable to both though.