Generic Z-Wave Plus Contact Sensor

Hi

My contact sensor doesn't show battery level in "Current States" but it sends that information - I can see it in the logs.

Why isn't it showed in Current States?

Likely the driver doesn't see it. You can put in a request for an update. Specify make/model/firmware of sensor.

1 Like

I have a Generic Tilt/contact combo sensor driver I made for someone. If I get a chance this week I will see if I can make it support this as well. I see the contact events in your screenshot, that should be enough to go on.

1 Like

False alarm.
After some time the battery status and tamper showed up in "Current States".

2 Likes

Hub probably just had to wait for the device to wake up again. They usually are set to wake up every 12 hours and they either send battery reports themselves or sometimes the driver will ask for it.

1 Like

Is that time configureable?
Cause 12 hours is to rare to tell if the sensor is still present.

Most battery devices report at 12 or 24 hours. There are some that are adjustable but by and large they aren't. I set my device watcher for 14 hours just to be on the safe side...

1 Like

Yes, for Zwave it is configurable, but most drivers do not expose it as a setting. Even if you do manage to change it, some drivers will force it back to 12 hours if a configure gets run.

I do the same thing as @rlithgow1 with my activity checker setup, if no activity in 14 hours I get a notification at 7AM. Granted it could have went offline at 8AM the day before but that's good enough for me.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.