General Feedback, Feature Requests and Slowdowns

I would like to have a dashboard for hub info.
CPU usage, Memory usage, Disk usage.

This would help to detect how much more device/rule/app I can add to the hub?
Would I require extra hub because I reached the capacity?

1 Like

part of the title is slowdowns

No, that post was moved from the Hubitat live thread asking for topic suggestions. So in that context, when I wrote that post, and before it was moved, it was off-topic

1 Like

Drag and drop on the tiles would sure be neat.

1 Like

is hard to find issues when we have more than 100 items and more than 100 rules. The Hub should be smart enough to detect what is going on and send message or just quarantine the defective item/rule. Very often my automation just is gone and if I go to the logs there are not logs at all just nothing happening until I restart my hub the logs are restarted and automation is back. The Hubitat team has not given solution to this problem to me. That is why I am suggesting considering a more powerful hub with more memory and capabilities.. we have no time to be checking one by one and we have no time to follow some suggestions to for example disable some rules and see if the problem is gone and if not then disable some other rules and continue this way until the problem is found, this supposed not to be like this..
I come from Smartthings with my exact same devices and this never happen, I love HE local control but it still have some opportunities... I am not the only one with this problem, you would find in the community that a lot of people have scheduled auto-restarts during midnight because otherwise the hub gets overloaded and starts to fail or having slowness..

2 Likes

Pls help to make google TTS and after that to resume the music. I have to use the google relay app but it is using the broadcast function where I have to listen all the times before the TTS "broadcast from Aldo" and all the speakers are not syn creating a terrible echo

1 Like

is hard to find issues when we have more than 100 items and more than 100 rules. The Hub should be smart enough to detect what is going on and send message or just quarantine the defective item/rule. Very often my automation just is gone and if I go to the logs there are not logs at all just nothing happening until I restart my hub the logs are restarted and automation is back. The Hubitat team has not given solution to this problem to me. That is why I am suggesting considering a more powerful hub with more memory and capabilities.. we have no time to be checking one by one and we have no time to follow some suggestions to for example disable some rules and see if the problem is gone and if not then disable some other rules and continue this way until the problem is found, this supposed not to be like this..
I come from Smartthings with my exact same devices and this never happen, I love HE local control but it still have some opportunities... I am not the only one with this problem, you would find in the community that a lot of people have scheduled auto-restarts during midnight because otherwise the hub gets overloaded and starts to fail or having slowness..

Does this exist with any hub? Never heard of such a feature outside of a currated experience, where the manufacturer controls the complete design and build of the hub and all the compatible components.

This confuses me. Sounds as though you are opening the live log after the fact, rather than having a live log going in another tab. What about "previous logs"?

It's been said over and over. Doesn't get much clearer than this...

Is this a hobby or a business? What do you mean you don't have time?

That's great that you had that experience with SmartThings. Not everyone does. Makes me wonder why you left what was in your opinion a stable platform, for what is (in your experience) an unstable one. I came from SmartThings too. Honestly, I couldn't tell you if the devices or the hub were malfunctioning, because the thing was offline so much due to cloud issues.

Ah, but I am not the only one with a stable hub either. All needs to be kept in perspective. How is it that a hub with so many alleged issues can be, stable for more people than it is unstable for, and yet be labelled unstable and problematic? It doesn't add up.

I'm not suggesting the hub is perfect and doesn't have issues that need to be corrected. That is normal for anything that is evolving. I just don't see these kinds of suggestions, with no data to help them fix anything, as all that useful. Sorry. Not trying to be contradictory. I do know that distributing the load is inexpensive, simple and works. Yet so many just refuse to do it. Consider that a distribution of the load is precisely what SmartThings does in the cloud. Your entire operating environment on SmartThings is not running in a single instance, on top of a quad-core CPU the size of one of the keys on your keyboard :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I do not think so, but everything looks to work well for sometime and suddenly stops. would be nice if any hub had it

when a light or something suppose to turn on and it does not happen then I open then logs and there is nothing then I move in front of a sensor to confirm that my logs are not working and in fact logs are not capturing it. Past logs shows but not the immediate ones

This is a hobby and I rather investing my time in creating rules or making new stuff than finding and fixing problems

I came to Hubitat because of local control and because I believe HE can go far. ST things have issues as well but it ran smoothly most of the time or at least I do not remember having to reboot it. I can understand general problems but what is really causing me frustration is that just suddenly out of nothing it stops working and I need to restart it (and only once I find out that it is not longer working)

I have created incidents to the stuff providing whatever info need but I do not get a permanent fix

That´s why some of us are requesting a more powerful hub instead of the solutions that some people in here mentioned they implement by having multiple hubs working together

sorry if I sound like I am not happy with Hubitat because actually I like it, I just get frustrated when things stops working when I have invested a lot of time and weekends on creating stuff and rules. I trust this company and I recommend it to my friends, couple of them are about to order their hubs. I just would like to see improvements soon on those areas where there is still room for it

You didn't. They just rebooted the cloud for everyone at once. :laughing:

3 Likes

@Aldo
I'd like to mention one specific point which I've mentioned before in other posts.
No matter how similar ST is to HE they are not the same, and in fact, they have a completely different design philosophy. You've heard an echo of that different design philosophy in the response from @SmartHomePrimer, so I won't belabor the point.
Nonetheless, that different design philosophy implies that it's not necessarily true that everything that worked under ST will work under HE.
That's the reason why under HE, it's critical to get a good strong mesh (Zwave and/or Zigbee) FIRST. (There are lot's of builtin documentation on how to build a good mesh)
I know that this point can be very frustrating - been there, done that.
However, given that there are MANY ways to do Home Automation, the password is:
"Keep calm and automate on!"

1 Like

@Aldo Labor Day Sale just announced. $70 USD with free shipping for a second hub. Add HubConnect and your "Pro" hub (consisting of two HE hubs) becomes a reality. Simple, and half, or less than half the price :wink:

so how HubConnect works? would I have to exclude half of my devices from one Hub and then include them in the other? and same for my rules?

Devices become available to both hubs. Yeah you would have to do some moving of devices, but with a Pro hub were there to be one, you would have to move ALL your devices. This is half the price, and half the work! :grinning:

2 Likes

You forgot to mention something; you would also get double the z-radio bandwidth. That’s probably better than a pro hub :wink:

3 Likes

Great! I just bought a second hub last week. Oh, well, my PRO HUB is now working fine!

3 Likes