General Device Exclusion

anyway to do a "General Device Exclusion" (as smartthings calls it) for a zwave device on hubitat?

There is, I'm going from memory here, but I believe it's in settings.

If it's a device that's never been a part of your hubitat, I would recommend getting a minimote gen 1 or 2 to do exclusions with though. They offer instant feedback of the exclusion, and make it 100 times faster. I exclude all zwave devices before including them on a new hub, Even if they are NIB.

There is an option to exclude zwave devices but if you have an ST hub, I would use that even if it's not connected to ST.
I have found that there is no response on Hubitat but you do on ST.

I thought that I saw in one of the recent firmware notes that it's logged now?

That may may be correct. I haven't had to do it recently.

From Hub Update 1.0.9

1 Like

i have a minmote.

how do i do that. just havnt added it to my system yet. i moved at the same time i bought hubitat so been slowly setting things up.

You actually don't want to include it to your network for this. While the minimote isn't connected to the network, Hold it ~1 foot from the device, press the minus button on the minimote, then activate the zwave device you wish to exclude. The blue/red led's on the minimote should flutter that's your confirmation.

Manual is a bit misleading in that the blue led doesn't stay solid it rapidly blinks as data transfers.

Also AFAIK, Inclusion doesn't work while this device is attached to the network (Strongly wish that it did) and Exclusion won't work either (Ever, I believe Zwave protocol doesn't let secondary controllers exclude from the network)

Also, Lastly Zwave General Exclusion is a zwave standard. ANY device that can send the exclusion can be used, If you have a smarttings you can use it's general exclude to exclude a device on a different network if you wish.

1 Like