GE Zigbee plug-in dimmer won’t pair?

It’s just a plug-in dimmer, it shouldn’t require any configuration. It should just work out of the box, or after being reset, which is why I was puzzled three years ago that I couldn’t even get mine to pair with the hub.

1 Like

LOL, actually the repeater function in this specific location is not needed. It is literally 18" away from the hub...

I am mostly interested in it for power monitoring. Honestly if I knew of a device that only did power monitoring that was HE compatible I would have gone that way. I don't need to control the TV by pulling and applying power. That's what FireTV does for me...

At 18” from the hub it will definitely be a repeater because it will look very strong to other zigbee devices. I have 10 or so of these on one of my hubs with Sengled and Sylvania lights and have had zero problems. I just meant; be watchful if you have any PIA devices.

18" not 18'. (Inches not feet). Why would it need to act as a repeater that close to the hub? I'm confused.

Uh, PIA? Not familiar. Do you mean PITA? (Or PITT, Pain In The Tail?)

Yes, I have several PITA devices. Hampton Bay Zigbee Ceiling Fan / Light controllers... They are a primary reason I have Zigbee smart plugs everywhere, although it is also nice to use for lamps...

It’s not a question of needing to be a repeater. It’s just the fact that devices will pick repeaters based on things that improve with proximity to the hub. Watch this page http://(hubIPaddress)/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

Well that was simple enough to pair. Put hub in pairing mode, plug in, 2 seconds later paired... and configured with the right driver.

Go into device and set monitoring up and done...

1 Like

Yes. My Hue dimmers are my main PIA/PITA/PITT devices. They don’t even like hub reboots and started dropping off with all the recent updates, so I moved them back to my Hue bridges. I just added a few Homekit automations where I needed to control HE devices.
I actually have 10 or so GE zigbee dimmers and switches. Most are in-wall units, one is a zigbee 3.0 model. They all have been very reliable.