GE Zigbee Jasco Dimmer Switches

Having problems with GE Zigbee dimmer switch. This:

To which Mike Maxwell replied:
Nov '20

If level prestaging is turned off, and the device is already off. Any set level command will turn the device on, there is no need to send a level and a separate on command.

The above statement is not true for me. Issuing a level from driver page creates no ON state. This in turn causes the GE zigbee dimmer driver to not work as a dimmer in Room Lighting. Switching driver to Generic Zigbee dimmer will allow this fine switch to work, but with limited features. Is anyone using a custom GE zigbee driver more recently ported from Smartthings? One seems to exist but I can't seem to lay fingers on it.

I have a building full of these model 43082 and 43080 both will send an on event from off with a simple setLevel(Γ—Γ—) command.
What model are you dealing with?

Mine has the same firmware as well.
When you're switching drivers you are clicking configure correct?

I'm a bit insulted, but I get why you ask - standard question.
Yes. I button Mash. Generally when I switch drivers I switch first to 'Device'. button mash, then switch to the intended target. Thats how I learned Device doesn't clear preferences recently.... btw.

Can you post the debug logs using the ge driver after exrcuting off and then setlevel 50?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.