GE z-wave in wall paddle switch

I have a GE in wall z-wave switch that was working fine all evening and has now stopped responding.
I don’t really know what steps to do to debug it or to reset it.
Or gapswitch doesn’t seem to do anything.
Is the fix usually to exclude it and then reinclude it?

Can anyone offer troubleshooting advice?
Thanks

What kind of problem do you have when you said not responding? Can you still operate the switch physically or just doesn't work with Hubitat?
If physical operation is the problem then it's a hardware issue.
If you can't control it with Hubitat but physical operation is ok then you could try reboot the hub or exclude and include it back to Hubitat.

I can operate the switch physically. I’ll read up on how to correctly reboot the hub and retest after that. The light doesn’t appear to react to any commands currently so I’ll likely see if excluding and reincluding works.

How many and what Zwave devices do you have on your hub? What model of switch do you have?

To reboot just go to settings then the reboot option also you may want to try the air-gap switch on the GE switch itself which basically reboots the switch when you pull that out then push it back in.

Pull the airgap thingie, or better yet .. cut off the power to the circuit that is powering the switch for 30 seconds. See if it works better after that.

1 Like

This ... depending on the age of the switch older model air gaps don’t cut power to the zwave radio so this is the only way to power it down.

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks to all for your replies. Has been a long day and I will try to get to the suggestions when I can. I’m a new Hubitat owner and still finding my way. So far I feel the system is ok, takes more setup than wink.

No experience with wink as I came from SmartThings. I felt I had to babysit ST more but I will admit I piddle with things too. Always trying to automate something. HE has been good allowing me to do that.

IMHO I would simply try running a zwave repair over night and check in the morning. Sometimes doing too much can hurt more than it helps. Do you have all of your stuff moved over?

All, it’s all fixed now. I ended up resetting the breaker, which temporarily knocked my internet out, yThen excluding it with a force exclusion and reading it. Got it in all the groups and got it working again. In the process I learned a lot including about polling.

I’m pretty much set up now and have everything moved over. Still lots left to learn about setting up, powering down the hub etc. I am liking the system more.

Thanks all!

i shall look that up.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.