GE Washer

Hello Again HE Army :slight_smile:

I have a GE Wifi Smart washing machine and I was looking into methods of how to connect it to Hubitat (IFTTT Possibly) so the washing cycle/completion status is available to me. I am wanting to have TTS alerts when the washing is completed.

Thanks Again
Matt

Yes I have this running through IFTTT, and a virtual switch on HE (Ceiling Fan Notify), when the applet on IFTTT runs it turns on the HE Virtual switch , which runs a rule machine 3.0 rule.

Oh you mad genius you :slight_smile:

Which applet did you choose on IFTTT?

Thanks
Matt

End of cycle

Question, why Ceiling Fan Notify?

That's the name of the virtual switch in Hubitat. I use that virtual switch for multiple uses to turn the ceiling fan lights on when different alerts happen.

Ah ok, I just started setting up HE this week and have not created a Virtual Switch or IFTTT connection yet. Question, how do I associate the virtual switch to IFTTT?

Follow this users post, IFTTT recently made a complete new re-design on how to create applets, I haven't used it yet, but this sounds like the direction you will need to go.....you won't use their preset applets for the GE washer you will create your own from scratch with the above posters instructions.

FIRST create your virtual switch in Hubitat under "devices" then in the top right corner select add virtual device and choose virtual switch

At the bottom of his instructions you will Choose your GE Washer then choose the virtual device to turn on in HE

1 Like

Thank you sir :slight_smile:

1 Like

You really need to have a delay and a "Get your ass down here and get the clothes!" if you miss the first notification. Sadly Alexa never gets angry so that still might not get someone's attention.

1 Like

You're really trying to get my Alexa devices destroyed against the wall with that advice.

1 Like

I thought it was you who did the washing. :wink:

Just an FYI. I have this (TTS notification when done) for both the washer and dryer. I love it. The wife HATES it. YYMV.

Also note - if you have teenage kids who may do laundry in the middle of the night (I do) be sure to set a "quiet time". Nothing like waking up at 0300 to "The washer has finished it's cycle" at 100% volume on the bedroom speaker!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.