GE/Jasco Z-Wave Plus Receptacle Fault

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem to me? I have a model 14288-1 receptacle that I installed in the ceiling of a closet. The only difference between this and the other 15-20 of the same model outlet is that the face points toward the floor. When I first installed it, all was great for a couple of months. Then, with increasing frequency, it started to fail to turn off. The internal relay could be heard clicking with every door open/close cycle, and Hubitat reported the open/closed status that I expected. There was a slightly softer click of the relay when it fail to shut off. Believing this to be a faulty receptacle, I contacted Jasco and the promptly sent a warranty replacement. I swapped the two and all was well again... Well, at least for a couple of months. The same problem started again. Identical symptoms. Knowing how a relay is manufactured, I would be surprised to hear that this style is position sensitive. It is sealed so there is no possibility of the contacts becoming dirty from outside contaminants. Even at that, the device box and wiring is impeccable since I only installed the box, wiring and receptacle 8 months ago. All this receptacle switches is power to a very low current switching supply to illuminate two 6-foot LED strips, so there is no reason to believe the relay contacts are even getting warm, never mind pitting or arcing/sticking.

Tonight I replaced this with a standard Leviton 15A receptacle with an attached Aeotec Nano Switch. I guess I'll have to wait and see how this works. Also, because of where I live, I can't see this being environmental temperature extremes either hot, or cold.