GE Jasco switch status not updating

We'll have to agree to disagree. Not sure how gasoline is a comparison to an RF protocol, but okay.

Hubitat Inc didn't sell you your switches nor do they guarantee compatibility with some other manufacturers product. We're trying to help make things work together.

3 Likes

Ok - so what do you want to call a device that uses a tech introduced in 2005, and obsoleted in 2013?

BTW, which vendor sold you a 300-series switch in 2019?

4 Likes

Just a 1 or 0

What do you call a device that can’t report a 1 or 0…… obsolete. Similar to an analog TV

Correct. So 300-series devices that cannot report a 0 or 1 are, in fact, obsolete.

4 Likes

Yup the very few things they did, they did well.
Well, when they weren't offline. :thinking:

Edit: Spotter? Never heard of it. (I wish :crazy_face:)

5 Likes

I'm super curious when these switches were made / purchased. The date code would indicate the former. Did they come used from eBay?

3 Likes

Lets take this a bit different direction just to be sure we are covering all the bases. It won't help with the basic issue of how you got 10 year old devices a couple years ago, but it might help rule out some basic Zwave issues that could cause lag and delays.

Post a screenshot of your Z-wave Details page (that spreadsheet looking thing with the devices and their attributes) from the Settings menu, Z-wave Details.

4 Likes

They had no choice. Back then, there were only 100 and 300 series devices available, so the platforms such as SmartThings and Wink had to accommodate the Z-Wave shortcomings. Since then, Z-Wave fixed the problem, so newer platforms don't need to compensate for their problem.

7 Likes

Just for reference, my oldest GE Zwave switches (that I purchased when I was on Wink) are date coded 2017 and they are Plus. Most of them came from Amazon, but a few from Lowes when they did a big closeout in probably 2018 or so. I have older GE outdoor outlets, and they are not plus, and they are dated 2017 as well. So somewhere in the 2017 or earlier range is about the age of your switches.

2 Likes

@user1728

1: I'm with @neonturbo , please post a copy of your z-wave details page to make sure that your z-wave table is good.

2: 0x5e switches are obviously updating their status correctly. 0x25e are not for the reasons described above.

3: Lets take it one step at a time so that we can help you through what I understand is a major frustrating. We'll get it sorted out...

1 Like

I'm in the same boat - former Wink user switching to Hubitat. So far I'm impressed with the capabilities and ease of configuration and use. I sure have been missing out on a lot by hanging on to Wink for so long.
I have a variety of GE/Jasco switches, dimmers and fan controllers with date codes from 2016 and newer. Some are Zwave, some are Zwave Plus. Wink (usually) updated status correctly, but Hubitat does not, even after hours of waiting. Now if I go press the Refresh button on each device every single one of them updates to the correct value instantly. Why can't the poller app do whatever the refresh button is doing with the list of checked devices?
I found another post where someone suggested pressing Configure on every device so I've done that now, waiting to see if it makes any improvement.

It should not be doing that. Could you post a screenshot of how you have configured the ZWave Poller app?

Tagging @bobbyD - could you please give @MasterTacoChief permission to post pictures?

1 Like

Done!

1 Like

I tried removing the poller and adding it again as well, but behavior hadn't changed, so I did the one thing I hadn't yet tried - rebooting the hub. After a reboot all the switches I've tried are now updating within 10-15 seconds of changing their state.

All my GE fan switches identified as "GE Smart Fan Control", and still don't update status automatically though. I know that's not part of the Poller now, but maybe they should be included there?

could you post the device data for any one of these?

• deviceType: 18756
  • zwNodeInfo: D3 9C 00 04 11 01 26 27 70 86 72 68 23
  • deviceId: 12340
  • inClusters: 0x26,0x27,0x70,0x86,0x72
  • manufacturer: 99

Okay - so that's the issue. They're not z-wave+, but that's a z-wave+ driver they've been matched to.

You could set them up as Generic Z-Wave dimmers and have them polled.

1 Like

OK looks like that works. It doesn't look like the Fan button type works on the dashboard with this driver, but if I change it to Dimmer then it seems to be good (other than losing the nice fan control menu and icon). Can't have it all I guess, but still much better than before.

The right thing to do is to setup a Virtual fan controller to control the fan "dimmer", and then use the virtual fan controller in your dashboard. It is pretty late now, but I'll try to post a sample rule in the AM.

1 Like