GE Jasco switch status not updating

That doesn't always tell us much. To see if they are Z-wave or Z-wave PLUS, you can look at the clusters in each settings page, 0x5E is PLUS and 0x25 is the older style.

Former Wink user here too.

The Wink hub and other cloud based hubs like Smartthings poll these older Z-wave switches in the background without users knowing it. They have near unlimited computing power and can do this without introducing lag. Hubitat does not automatically poll to keep performance of the hub as a whole good. So you may not have noticed this on Wink. It is important to figure out if these require polling by looking at those clusters in the settings page.

The other thing you should do is if you change drivers, be sure to hit the Configure button at the top of the settings page after each driver change. (Save driver, then hit configure). Configure sends the device properties to the hub, and makes the hub capabilities match the switch.

3 Likes

It appears the 0x5Es are all updating their status. The ox26 are not

Ok, so go to Apps tab. In the upper corner pick Add Built In App. Near or at the bottom of that list, click on Zwave Poller.

After that installs, in the App tab scroll down and click into this new app. Choose the devices you want to poll

Use this option carefully, over use of polling has potential to slow down the hub.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Z-Wave_Poller

1 Like

Yes, I previously installed the polled and addend all lights in the drop down lists. I checked all the lights that were not updating their status. Still no luck. They update when I refresh, but not when I physically flip the switch

@hubby what’s the solution to ox26 not reporting

1 Like

Hey, look at that! You remembered my name, I am flattered :blush:

Since you’ve tagged me, let me tell you how I can help.

You can start a useful tutorial by replying to me with @hubby start tutorial.

Or, you can learn more about other cool things I can assist you with, by just replying to me with: @hubby display help.

Since I can post privately or publicly, if you prefer to learn more about me, in private, you can always send me a private message (PM).

If you ever need my assistance, just tag me, and I'll post this message again.

You will not be able to achieve what you'd like, with the legacy devices. Check this post to learn why these were working differently on Wink:

1 Like

The Zwave polling app doesn’t work, I added it, checked the switches that need polling. The app does NOTHING

Is not going to update instantly. Depending when the cycle runs, it can take a few minutes before the state of the switch is refreshed. If this is not your experience, send me a private message and we will take a look to see if we can figure out why is not working for you.

2 Likes

Ok. I don’t think a 3 year old switch is not a legacy device. It’s one generation old. I put my 4 “legacy devices” on the Zwave poller. I set a trigger. When the switch turns on, wait 5 minutes, turn the switch off.

I use this on my bathroom fans.

It worked on wink.

If you're curious, GE/Jasco devices will have a 4 digit date code sticker on the front of the switch in the format YYMM. Take a cover plate off to check - generally no need to remove the switch itself from the box. I believe the last zwave (non plus) devices from GE/Jasco were in the 2016/2017 range.

2 Likes

Can you imagine if your 5 year old car was curbed. Park it, its a legacy car.

It has way more technology than a light switch.

There are series 100, 300, 500, 700 and now 800 devices. The first two are not Z-Wave Plus. Series 300 was released in 2005, that's why they are referred to as the "legacy" devices. First Z-Wave Plus series (500) was released in 2013. I know how you feel. I've been in your shoes. I started with a house full of 100 series devices and as the time passed and Z-Wave enhancements happened, I gradually updated my home to 500 series devices.

2 Likes

Its not really a fair comparison. Lutron had a patent on the status of a smart switch updating remotely. Zwave had to use polling to reflect local changes on a hub. Some manufacturers would pay the license costs to Lutron (Leviton was one), others would require polling to work around the patent. Plus devices no longer require polling as the patent has expired.

7 Likes

It’s a fair comparison. Gasoline is backwards compatible to every car ever made. iPhone 3s with 3g from 2007 just phased out this year and it still works on wifi today

And who is the gasoline in your comparison?

2 Likes

I’m not asking to land a spacecraft on mars, just to monitor on or off status of a switch that is manually toggled.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Not sure how gasoline is a comparison to an RF protocol, but okay.

Hubitat Inc didn't sell you your switches nor do they guarantee compatibility with some other manufacturers product. We're trying to help make things work together.

3 Likes

Ok - so what do you want to call a device that uses a tech introduced in 2005, and obsoleted in 2013?

BTW, which vendor sold you a 300-series switch in 2019?

4 Likes

Just a 1 or 0