GE/Jasco refreshed zigbee lineup coming

Just got the outlets! Looking good:

2 Likes

Got my outdoor outlet today but can't install it since it's really storming outside today. I have to say I'm very surprised that it is as compact as it is. Really wish it had the right angle plug though. Its gonna be tricky getting this to fit nicely in the outdoor enclosure.

From left to right:
New GE zigbee , Ge zwave, Inovelli Dual zwave

https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-PWA-486-5-15R-5-15P-Adaptor/dp/B001R0RNWK

2 Likes

Yeah..easy fix but it just adds time and money to the total cost and should have been there by default. There's a good reason practically every other outdoor outlet (smart and dumb) that I've purchased have come with the right angle. Look at the other 2 in pic I posted.

1 Like

That is a weird oversight since it has been code forever (at least a decade now) to have an "in use" cover.

:man_shrugging: I use non 90 degree angled cords in my outside outlets all the time, and the cover closes. I prefer them, as the angled ones can only be used in the bottom outlet. So if you have 2 things to plug in, and both are 90 degree, you are screwed without an adapter.

For me, it only closes easily if I use the bottom outlet. There is one case where I need 2 of these in one enclosure. If I use the top outlet, I have to exert a lot of pressure on the plug to close the enclosure.

I guess everyone has their own preference :man_shrugging:. This just seemed like the prevalent form factor in my experience...even the GE zwave ones were right angle before.

Don't get me wrong, I'm ok with 90 degree too... I have a couple of plug extenders for the cases when I need 2x 90 degree plugs.

First world problems

Definitely. :slight_smile: