GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Motion Switch

I GE outlets I have and see online are Z-wave or plug in type. Can you post a link to zigbee in-wall outlet?

https://www.amazon.com/Enbrighten-Receptacle-Tamper-Resistant-Controlled-43102/dp/B0842BDN9R/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

or

https://byjasco.com/enbrighten-zigbee-in-wall-tamper-resistant-smart-outlet-white

1 Like

I had originally started this thread looking for GE zigbee motion switches but guess they don't exist yet. I've been buying the zigbee outlets so maybe someday.

Do I recall correctly from the ST forum? You can't access the motion sensor independently in this device, ie: can't use it to trigger other events based on a "motion active" message from the switch

I dont know a about the st driver, but ours separetes the motion function from the switch.

1 Like

The new zigbee 3.0 dimmers and switches (and outlets, oh my) are for sale on Amazon, but no motion.

Don’t mean to hijack the thread, but had a question about these...

First to the OP, I love these switches. I have one in almost every room. Definitely makes my Z-wave mesh pretty robust!

My question is: is it possible to make it so physically pressing the off button doesn’t turn the switch off?

I have fan/lights in one switch and I’d rather have it so pressing the off button just sends a signal to Hubitat to turn off the light...while maintaining power in the switch so the fan stays on.

I have a bond fan controller and smart lights, but the spouse doesn’t want to use the app or voice control...she’d rather press the switch. And I’m using Bond to keep the fans on most of the time (Texas summer).

Thanks for any pointers. And thanks for OP for letting me cut in on the thread :slight_smile:

@JasonJoel has created a solid set of drivers for the various GE z-wave plus switches and dimmers that have the double-tap feature built in. You could then turn on/off the lights with a double-tap without effecting the state of the switch. Here is the link.

2 Likes

Wonderful. Thank you for the link. I’ll see if that might work for us!

1 Like

Double tap would be the only way to do it. There is no way to disable control of the main load on a single tap.

2 Likes

Double tap is definitely the way to go. I use this for my kids RGB wifi bulbs in their fans for the same reason. Also use double tap on the garage lights so I don't have to climb up in the attic to turn them off when I forget to. Lot's of good uses. I use double tap in the living room on one of the light switches to turn off the outlet behind the couches so the babies don't screw with them and get squished when I'm not around. Also use double tap on button 2 (off) on the master bedroom light to go into lockdown mode (arm alarm and shut off all the lights). Same for the front porch light. Mr. Sucky (Roomba) has an on off toggle double tap in the living room too for wife acceptance factor. Sometimes it'll startup when she doesn't want it to and gives her a quick way to turn it off without having to chase it down.

1 Like

Could you say which apps you've found most useful to control lights with the double tap enabled driver? Button controller, RM?

Simple Automation is usually all I need with a double tap.

Newbie here, but I just made a simple automation app(s) that uses double tap on a Jasco switch to toggle on/off motion sensing and dusk-to-dawn for outside lighting. I thought that was neat.

I can see myself using these motion switches, but I kind of like the toggle style, lol. It is nice they're hardwired though. I'm going to try to run some USB cable through the wall for a couple of outside motion detectors.

I use the motion switches in select areas like bathrooms, closets, living room, and the garage. In the living room, I don't use the motion to trigger the lights except in the morning when I am leaving for work. It also turns on the coffee maker. In the bathrooms, I also have some Nyce motion/humidity sensors to keep the lights on and run the exhaust fans based on humidity when someone is taking a bath. The Nyce sensors are a bit on the expensive side but they use regular AAA batteries that last a long time which I like.

For motion outside I started using my Nest cams and person detection to trigger automations. I also use time-of-day rules for some of the lights outside.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.