GE Enbrighten Color Cafe Lights

Based on this email I got this appears to be a NEW product but they are wi-fi. Has anyone ever used these and is are they any good?

I haven't used them, but there's a good reason: are you trying to use them with Hubitat? If so, as far as I can tell, GE has no API (local or otherwise) for these, just in-app control or voice assistant integrations. So, your options for controlling them via Hubitat will be limited. Confusingly, the "Enbrighten" line also includes a lot of Z-Wave (and I think Zigbee now too) devices that do work natively with Hubitat--just not any of the Wi-Fi stuff that I know of.

So, I can't speak to whether the devices themselves are good, but at that price and with the lack of useful integration, I'm not about to find out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, $250! I've got the older remote control version ($41 at a local auction site). Your best bet within HE would be to make a kludge of a system with an HE app that lets you do whatever can be said to an Amazon Echo.... It's in the cloud but at least can be tied it.
I agree - for that price, I'd rather have an MQTT or API feed of some kind.

1 Like

Well, the intent here is to have usefully integrated colored lights (don't have to be this style) made for outdoors that I can use via HE. If the colors can't be changed via HE than it's no better than a string of remote controlled cheapos from Ali Express. I was hoping this was something better, but I know that wi-fi devices have limited capabilties.

I have these from Costco:

https://www.costco.com/atomi-smart-led-color-string-lights.product.100525753.html

Unfortunately haven't completely figured out how to integrate them yet, but there may be a possibility. Some searching turned up a couple of possible mods to the hardware. Not sure how easy it might be. But for the same style of lights they are less than a third the price of the GE lights (48 ft on sale now for $75). I'm hoping to figure out a way to integrate them similar to WLED-controlled lights.

they are tuya based, any tuya plugin works.

the dp's

20 = power
106 = all the details, dont know how to decode this yet

example: 2001f403e82#00ff00ff#64fc3c0a#00ff4600
2001f403e82 = something about the mode and brightness aka mode (I guess)
#00ff00ff#64fc3c0a#00ff4600 = each # is a bulb color

some mode example:
1201f403e8 = blinking
4201f403e8 = RWB blink

so it would make sense that 1201 is the mode, f4 is some separator, and 403e8 is the brightness

anyone know how to hack one of the tuya add ons to bring some basic controls here?

If they are Tuya based, there is a chance it has the ESP8266 chip that can be flashed with Tasmota or WLED. WLED on these would be rediculous with features. The ones I have are not Wifi, just the remote.
Ask on Discord digiblurDIY channel. Lots of smart helpful people there.