GE Dimmer Included as GE Smart Fan Control

I have finally added 6 devices to Hubitat. I thought I would start out with several devices that are automated through schedules, though had to add a few more so the zwave mesh could reach a few GE outlets.

The two extra devices I had to add were a GE Dimmer and a GE Fan Control. I added the GE Fan first and the device type showed up as a GE Smart Fan Control. When I added the GE Dimmer it also showed up as a GE Smart Fan Control. Anyone else have this issue?

This device type works but shouldn't it show up as a Generic Z-Wave Dimmer by default?

It’s possible that the fingerprints are similar enough that we defaulted to it instead.

If you happened to grab the fingerprint information for both and can forward that on to support@hubitat.com we can get that sorted out down the road.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response. Where do I get the finger print information in Hubitat? I looked in Events and Logs and don't see anything. I could always add it back to ST to get it if need be as I know where to get it there.

When the device pairs up in Discover Devices. There is a “more” button, inside that section is all the information support needs along with the make and model of the device.

Unfortunately, that is the only time the full fingerprint shows up. If you are willing to remove the device(s), exclude them (if Z-Wave) and re-add them to your system and grab the “More” information and send that on to support@hubitat.com just use #fingerprint in the subject line and we can get our backend database updated.

Thanks!

Thanks for the instructions! Today I moved over 7 of 123 devices from SmartThings and picked ones that fall into the automation category that just turn on and off based on a schedule. I have many other fan and dimmers of this same model that I will be migrating soon so I will grab the finger print at that time.

Looking forward to @bravenel’s sunset offset fix since these 7 devices turn on based on an offset of sunset.

1 Like

Today, I added a few more of my GE Z-Wave Switches. Those all work as expected and paired as ‘Generic Z-Wave Switch’ devices. I can control them from the Hubitat web UI, Alexa, and of course via the physical paddle-button. Doing so, always causes the status to properly update in Hubitat.

I have a single GE Z-Wave Dimmer Switch (model 127242) which paired as a ‘Device’. I changed the driver to ‘Generic Z-Wave Dimmer’ and can successfully control the light. HOWEVER - when I use the local paddle-switch, the light reacts properly (on/off/dim) - BUT - the status in Hubitat does not update. If I press the ‘Refresh’ button in the Hubitat UI, the device status update properly (on/off and dim level.)

Does anyone else have this issue? Any tips or tricks? I tried a ST DTH called “Dimmer Switch” which I was able to get to work, however I still did not see any status updates when the device was controlled physically.

1 Like

@ogiewon this is also being discussed here

https://community.hubitat.com/t/physical-events-not-logging-consistently/466

1 Like

I have found physical changes are not logged across all GE switches. So not just dimmers, switches and outlets too. That’s all I have and this is becoming more of an issue. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Yep, I did some more testing and find 4 of 5 non-dimmers report consistently, and all report their deviceType as being 21079. The one I have issues with was bought more recently and has a deviceType of 18770.

Not sure which is the newer model.

My non-reporting Dimmer has a deviceType of 18756

I reported this issue to support, ticket 10199, and @mike.maxwell just responded that the finger print for this device has been added to the driver. Assume this will come via next release but good to have it added.

1 Like

Just in case this information is pertinent, I added three GE Z-wave in-wall dimmer switches (not sure of the model number) a few days ago. They came up as "GE Smart Fan Control" (which I changed to "Generic Z-Wave Dimmer").

Fingerprint info:

Manufacturer:0063Product Name:GE Smart Fan ControlModel Number:Unknown Part NumberdeviceTypeId:24

nodeId:0E

deviceId:3230

manufacturer:0063

deviceType:4457

inClusters:0x26,0x27,0x70,0x86,0x72

outClusters:null

FYI @mike.maxwell .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.