GE 12722 switch state change issues

I have a number of Ge 12722 Z-Wave switches in my current automation platform and have been migrating the devices to HE over the last week or two. The first two switches I’ve moved seem to be problematic.

The work fine from a Dashboard, but if I manually flip them HE doesn’t pick up the state change. As a result the (basic) automations I run off of these two switches aren’t firing as expected. I can tap on refresh and the device and it picks up just fine. If I move the HE within 2 feet of one switch it picks up the state change as I would expect (I didn’t try the second).

Geography: HE is in a cupboard in my office on the first floor of my home. One switch is in my master closet (the one I tested with the HE 2 feet from) and the other switch is in a storage room in the basement. Both are within 40 feet of the HE in a straight line (50 cat 5 cable used during test as HE sits next to my home network hub). There is a Z-Wave switch in my office already added to HE (same model works as expected) and a Z-Wave outlet in the master bedroom (closer to HE) 10 feet away from the closet.

Troubleshooting: I’ve already removed and re-added the closet switch twice (no joy). And moved the HE next to the closet switch which works fine but then I’ve got a 50’ cat 5e cable string across my house.

My old Z-Wave hub sits next to HE (still running 5 or so devices there until I get this sorted out). But I have powered it off to test with no better results

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Switch info:

Here you go... lots to read about... this is always the first issue those with these old GE switches ask about... :wink:

3 Likes

First off sorry for spamming the community; though I had searched enough to start a new post on this one.

Secondly, Thanks, you weren't lying lots in those two threads for me to sift through. Doesn't look like a one fix solution for anyone there either so more playing with options over the weekend.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.