Gate Controller

I have a question and I'm hoping someone here can help me out or point me in the right direction.

I'm using a Mimolite as a momentary contact switch to open and close a driveway gate. The gate has a simple Z Wave contact sensor attached to tell me if the gate is opened or closed. Back in the Smartthings days, I used a virtual garage door app from rboy to 'pair' the two devices together in one virtual device.

So far, I've tried a few of the garage door apps I've found for HE but so far nothing has worked. Is there a simple way to pair these two devices into one virtual device that I've overlooked?

I'm no programming expert but I'm not a novice. Would writing my own device handler and app be a better way to go? If so, are there any tutorials / documentation that I could use as a starting point?

Are you trying to bind the virtual switch with the Z-wave switch? I don't use the garage door apps so I am not clear of what kind of automation you want to accomplish but here's a binding apps.

I’ll take a look at that - it looks interesting but may not be what I’m looking for based on the description.

Rereading my first post - I may not have been clear enough. Basically I have a contact sensor and a Mimolite acting as a momentary switch. Currently, they are two separate devices. I want to combine them into one virtual device so I can add to a dashboard to see if the gate is open or closed via the contact sensor and also close/open it from the same device.

I have a Linear garage door opener that works that way - although in that case the relay and tilt sensor are integrated as show up as one device.

I took at look at Switch Bindings - but I don't think it's quite right.

Is there a way to have a contact sensor report it's current status inside of a virtual switch?

I haven't seen any virtual device that could combine 2 physical sensors into one virtual switch yet. I've seen a temp sensor and a switch combine into a virtual thermostat.
Maybe you can try porting the ST driver?

I removed both of my Linear garage door openers and replaced it with Mimolite and magnetic door sensor and they work fine in Hubitat.
Should work the same for a gate.

Thanks for the help so far.

Sadly, my contact sensor isn’t hardwired - it’s just a battery powered z wave contact sensor. I’ve decided the best way to handle would probably be to write my own app. I guess I better start reading up on how to do that!

Why not just buy a cheap Reed switch for hardwired?

I've thought about it. The tricky part is the mimolite is in an enclosure inside the house. It's in a custom enclosure that essentially pushes the gate remote button when activate. The actual gate is about 50' away. Getting it hard wired is possible but not entirely practical.

Well I ended up writing an app and device handler tonight that seems to be working so far.

I’ll run some more tests tomorrow and if everything checks out I can clean up the code and post it.

Were you able to get this to work? I have a similar gate application, but am using different products and would like to achieve the same thing on the dashboard (one tile that shows gate status and also controls the gate opener). Thanks.