Garage door opener

Works perfectly on my three doors. Batteries last for several months. And no additional wiring.

1 Like

I have a Hormann SilentDrive 5500 series and I don't see a yellow button on it. My husband reports he could not pair it with his built in car garage door opener but I will try when I get home. I have been trying to figure out if we need to replace the unit altogether or try to make it smart, that's what sent me on this journey.

That looks like a current model opener, although I know nothing about the brand or how it operates. It is Homelink compatible, which means it should be able to be paired to any modern car with Homelink buttons.

In my case, with my Chamberlain opener, I had to do a full reset on the car buttons and a specific sequence of button in the car and learn button on the opener and use the factory garage door remote pushbutton.

Most cars you hold the outer two buttons for a while to do the factory reset. Then you usually hold the desired button on the visor for a few seconds until it blinks quickly, then push the learn button on the garage door opener. In my case I also had to hold the garage door remote right against the sunvisor and press that button while the sunvisor button was blinking. It wouldn't pair until I did that step with the factory garage door remote pushbutton.

Use your owner manual and someone to read off the steps while you are doing this procedure often is the easiest way to get it paired. If you can't read and push buttons simultaneously, it will time out on you.

It looks like it's capable of having a simple dry contact connected to the controller.

Edit: Maybe not, seems like more than a pushbutton:

• Light and lockout controls
1 Like

Lmao. I have avoided doing this for months since he said he couldn’t get it. I just programmed an 05 dodge, 2016 Toyota and 2022 Chrysler in 15 minutes :joy:. Thanks.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.