[Release] Garage Door Opener App - LGK Virtual Garage Door

I used this app in ST with great success. Since moving to Hubitat I tried the Virtual Garage Door App from Patrick McKinnon but it didn't work for me, probably because I don't have an acceleration sensor. I have a closed contact and activate the door with a Konnected relay output.

Emboldened by seeing the similarities between groovy apps for ST and HE I thought I'd give the old app a try. I got the app from here: SmartThingsPublic/devicetypes/lgkapps at master · Mark-C-uk/SmartThingsPublic · GitHub
The driver was here: SmartThingsPublic/simulated-garage-door-opener.groovy at master · Mark-C-uk/SmartThingsPublic · GitHub

When I added the app code I got an error message, something about javascript I think. I'm not a programmer and since it seemed to relate to notifications, which I don't used, I just commented out the code!

Imagine my surprise when I found it actually worked!

If anyone is interested, here is the code that seemed to cause the problem:

section( "Notifications" ) {
input("recipients", "contact", title: "Send notifications to") {
input "sendPushMessage", "enum", title: "Send a push notification?", options: ["Yes", "No"], required: false
input "phone1", "phone", title: "Send a Text Message?", required: false
}

I wrote the app and am now on hubitat and will post the complete port

2 Likes

here is a port of my latest version ... with notification intack.. havent fully tested as i am at my other location that i use it for. (lgk are my initials)

4 Likes

but what you converted and posted is only part of it.. you need the app as well as that is just the virtual garage device..

Great to see you here!
Yes, I did move over both the app and the driver (with Mark C's mods), and it works.
I'll try your new port and report back.
Thanks,

Quick question, I pasted the new code over the apps code I already had. Do I need to remove and then re-add the user app? It seems like it's just working!

you shouldnt. have to it replaces it..

1 Like

Looks OK. I need to bring over your garden hue app too, that was another of my favorites!
Thanks for your apps.

Seems to be a problem with the simulated device, it's stuck on closing. Does this help?

Is it possible I have the wrong device driver? I poked around in your Github and didn't find anything. I am using this one: SmartThingsPublic/devicetypes/lgkapps at master · Mark-C-uk/SmartThingsPublic · GitHub

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!
In the field add virtual garage door nothing appears . I have a virtual garagedoor control device. Whats wrong

this is not for std garage door control devices there are standard device types for that that work fine.
this is for using a relay/dry switch for the door contgrol and separate door or tilt switch to show status.

This links the two together to make it liooik like a standard all in one garage door device.

1 Like

I have a shelly 1 for opening closeing switch.
Then a Fibaro UBS for sensor that its closed or open....

1 Like

The app is exact what I want but the virtual garage door device I made dont show up

ok hold on.. when this was written for smartthings i had my own virtual garage door device type as they did not have one.. now they are called virtual garage door.. i think if you change it to that it may work. as i said i am not at the house to test..

Smartthings had no garage door control capability thus I was using door control (which hubitat has, but has no virtual door control device) so the solutions are

1. use and port the virtual garage door driver I wrote for smarthtings. which I have
    or
  2. try this better solution first.. I changed the device type to garagedoorcontrol and use the hubitat standard virtual garage door control device.

So try 2. first.. go get the new version of the app from the github and try it.. with the stock hubitat virtual garage door device.

I thought I had done that, but maybe not. I copied down the app code from Github and started again, using the Hubitat built-in "Virtual Garage Door Controller" . Voila! It's working now.

Not sure what this "transition time" parameter is in the virtual device, choices are 5, 30 or 90 seconds. I left it at the default 5 seconds.

One other thing, are we back to a built-in 6 second delay on closing the door now?

Thanks for your help,

that would be how long it takes for your door to completely open or close.. dont think it matters you can control in the smart app how long to wait to check that the door really did open or close .

i dont think so.. let me know i think that was built into the smartthings hub.. i doubt hubitat did that but you never know

Further research, it's a nasty parameter! It does two things:

1. When opening the door it sets the time between sending the open command and changing the virtual device status from "opening" to "Open"
  2. When you close the door it sets the delay before closing commences! That's where the 5 second delay came from on closing!

I think it may be time to use your ported driver, is it on Github?

Thanks,

it wasnt ported..
I just did it now.. In addition as I said there was no garage door control before in smartthings so I was using door control .
I added garage door control as well so now I think it will work with my change to the smartapp, but let me know..

alsp this also pauses for two seconds before saying open or closed.. you can change it.. but you should probably set it to how long it takes your door to do that.. It is in the runin() statements in the code if you want to change it.