Garage Arrival Open issue

Okay, sorry just don't seem to be grasping this. Thank you thank you. You have spent so much of your time, I really appreciate it. Will test when I get home tonight.

No worries. Just want it to work for you. I do think that 2 minutes is too short a time to set the PB to be true based on my experience.

What does the delay actually mean, this is how I understand it. If we both arrive at once it should only open for whomever it detected first, then wait 2 minutes and allow the rule to be "available" again to run. Is that correct.

100% correct. Except my experience with different apps/phones that indicate "presence" to Hubitat via a geofence is that there can be as much as a 10 minute difference in time of reporting.

This is particularly so if presence detection is not multiplexed using multiple apps/sensors with an app like "Presence Governor" or "Combined Presence".

I saw this thread yesterday and it got me thinking about and reworking a few rules and something that I ran into that seems to be the exact thing ran into a few posts above:

The Private Boolean's initial state as false

I had a rule just like this one I am copying from above, but I ended up flipping around the checks for True and False and then it worked perfect

Good luck in conquering your rule, it looks super close!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.