FYI GE/Jasco upped warranty to 5 years

Recent power outage cause 2 of my switches to fail with constant clicking. I called Jasco support today and was happy to learn they upped their warranty from 2 years to 5. Pleasant surprise because one of mine was 3 years old.

I wanted to pass this along in case anyone has a device fail within 5 years of purchase.

10 Likes

Had the same thing happen, will give it a shot, thanks for the info.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I had 2 GE Z-Wave Plus paddle switches fail within a month of one another. I was going to attempt to fix them but I'll reach out Jasco before cracking them open.

1 Like

Beauty of engaging them is you get latest version too and ones that are narrower. You do need receipts, at least they asked for them and fortunately I always get Lowe’s and HD e-receipts.

2 Likes

Luckily this purchase was an order on-line/pickup at store order from Lowes so I have an emailed receipt. Had it been an in-store purchase I would have been SOL on the receipt since I rarely keep them for things like this.

Yeah, e-receipts. My Lowes account has been a train wreck since I changed the email address associated with the account which blew away all of my order history.

2 Likes

Great! I just had one go bad. I need to dig it out of the trash...

1 Like

Just called them this AM about a switch I purchased in Jan 2017 that has started going south. It makes a kind of "double-click" sound when pressed once, intermittently when I physically press the switch the light doesn't turn on for up to five or more seconds.

Less than a minute wait on hold, maybe 30s. Described issues, confirmed purchased from Amazon LLC, and they already sent me an email to allow me to send a copy of the receipt and then they will send me a new switch. BOOYAH! :wink: Good stuff.

Thanks, @ritchierich for posting this info! :smiley:

1 Like

Just following - my replacement switch arrived today a week after I called them.

GE Enbrighten Switch model 46201. Replaces my old clunky Z-Wave switch w/slimmer and trimmer and cooler Z-Wave Plus w/QuickFit and SimpleWire.

Really a great support experience.

2 Likes