Fully kiosk browser for HE on Fire tablet

Hi,
I'm pretty happy with the layout of my HE dashboards and just configured Fully Kiosk Browser (FKB) on a Fire 7 tablet.
The layout is not the same however. The dashboard shown on FKB does not show the same button locations and widths that I see when I view my dashboards on my computer.
All the buttons are displayed, but the layout instructions seem to be missing.
I know this isn't a FKB help forum, but I've investigated all the settings there (request desktop version, disallow scrolling, etc.).
I'm using the URL from the Apps listing, for "Local LAN Link to Dashboard" and I've tried the "Legacy Cloud Link to Dashboard" with the same result.
Is there something obvious I'm missing?
Thank you!

Are you using Hubitat Dashboard? If so, since you are using a Fire tablet, I would use HD+ Android Dashboard. I use Fully Single App Kiosk with my HD pads. The integration with Fully is quite easy with this dashboard app.

Without images of the dashboards on both devices it's hard to say what is going on, but I beleive this is a HE dashboard issue, not a Fully issue. I don't understand what is meant by the "layout instructions". I have HE dashboards on four Fully devices: 2 Fire 8 devices, 2 old cell phones.

Have you tried setting the dashsboard options for "Column Width" and "Row Height Width" to blank, allowing for "auto fit"?

1. Click/tap gear on HE dashboard
  2. Click/tap "Options"
  3. set widths to blank
  4. click x in upper right corner to view dashboard

thanks for the advice - yes I'm aware of that setting to allow the tiles to expand/contract to fit available screen space.
I'll get some pictures and attach - basically all my custom tile settings are lost in Fully Kiosk. e.g. I hve a number of 1x2 tiles which could be device controllers or sub-dashboards.
Those layouts were designed and tested in the HE dashboard app.
But when I view those pages in FKB, the browser seems to ignore those settings, and all icons are simply 1x1 in size, and roll through each line. All the logic I had in the design of lines of tiles is lost.

Rendering of CSS is different from browser to browser. The closest you can get is to set up Chrome's Console on your desktop to replicate the scale of your FKB device, otherwise what you see on desktop will not be the same on FKB device.

closing the loop on this.
I was never able to get HE Dashboard to work. Went with Sharptools.io on Fully Kiosk.
Now up and running on three Fire tablets. So far so good.
I don't like the latency but at least it works.
Thanks all for the replies and comments!

I'm running an old Fire 7 and a Fire 10 with the power supply easel as household HE dashboards with Fully Kiosk. I used Google APKs to install the Playstore but that's no longer used --they're just dashboards.

No problems now, but I was having to refresh the dashboard manually. I found the fix here on the forum (Post 7);

I have two fire 10 tablets wall mounted for Hubitat. I use FKB and the Hubitat Dashboards. I intentionally configured the overall height and width to optimize the display on the Fire tablet, but I built them on my laptop in the Edge browser. I have a lot of CSS modifications that work just fine. This has worked well for me for a couple of years. I'd like to know more about what you are facing. I would hate to encounter the same issues.

What logic is being lost in translation?

I have 5 HD 10 pads wall mounted. I tried sharptools early on but much prefer [RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard . I also use that app on a large monitor for score keeping and such when my family plays Hand And Foot card game. I use my phone with that app as a remote for the game. I use Fully on all of my HD pads and they auto-boot into the HD+ app. Some of those pads run for months without any problems. This has been my setup for many years now and it has good WAF. I do not use any CSS. That's another language I would like to learn. The options for HD+ are plentiful. The programmer is very active in the Hubitat HD+ forum and he is adding or updating features all of the time.

3 Likes