Frustration with hub inconsistencies

that seems to be a fair offer,
@mik3 just you can't expect that @bravenel will fix it for you
Hubitat isn't a repair shop, you have to understand that from 100 hubs sent like that probably just 5 gonna have legitimate slowdown issue, rest will be user error caused.
If you sending it back, make sure that is for research purposes, not to fix it.

2 Likes

The likely hood of Bruce agreeing to this is slim.

My only issue is that I was complaining about this for the last year and had support requests open that demmed the product good, yet no matter what I do, I see constant inconsistencies.

Now I’m outside the warranty and the staff doesn’t believe it’s a hardware issue, there is nothing I can do.

Believe me when I say, I’ve rebuilt everything from the ground up multiple ways taking into account Hubitats recommendations of creating rules and also harnessing built in apps whenever possible

No matter what, inconsistency and slow downs.

So why only some people’s hubs? Like wth! That’s where I’m at.

I almost believe the staff is covering up quality control issues at this point.

So frustrated... urgh

reason why they cant fix it it because they can reproduce it.
I bet they will love to have "Real" slowdown hub to fix it .

1 Like

A couple of things. Sending us your hub would be pretty much pointless since the issue has to do with its functioning within your home, with your devices, mesh networks, etc. There's just no way to replicate that environment.

If you want to rule out the hardware, that will be doable in the not distant future. I'd be willing to send you a replacement hub once the ability to backup/restore the radios is in place. If that fixed your problem, then great. However, I'd predict that this is not a hardware problem, and that moving everything to a new hub would move the problem with it.

I have zero visibility into your situation, so I'm not in a position to give much useful advice. If you have things that are connected by websocket, have you tried disabling those as a diagnostic experiment? If you have custom drivers, same question, have you selectively disabled those?

We aren't covering up anything. But there are limits to what we can do as a practical matter.

3 Likes

I don't believe it's mesh related. Everything works great when only acting as a gateway. Everything is super responsive. It's when I start installing apps and the hub begins to start processing things is where I start to see hub slow downs and inconsistency.

Yes, many times! I've removed all apps and custom drivers a long long time ago, yet still saw issues.

As the hub stands now, I have custom drivers loaded on it, and they run fine. No issues. As I said, I had a 3 week uptime for the first time, ever!

Let me ask this, and you basically answered it already. Motion lighting should be fairly consistent, no? Meaning, 9 out of 10 times the lights should come on around 350 ms. And it should remain this way over weeks of uptime, no? That's definitely not my case.

After a years time, what am I suppose to think..... honestly, I've done everything recommended and as stated, wiping the hub and building everything from ground up, including using every single built in app where I could, but yet inconsistencies.

I'm so fed up with this, and more fed up when I hear "Oh my hub is fine, I never reboot". That statement on it's own frustrates me to no end!

Jeez , man they just offered new piece.
what more you would expect?

2 Likes

Look, I'm sorry you have these problems. I don't know what else I can say. If you think it's hardware, I will send you a replacement hub so you can check that out. But, I hate to see you pile on your frustrations by rebuilding your Z-Wave and Zigbee networks (just did this myself recently), only to find that you have the same issue. That would frustrate anyone.

If you wait a month, this can be done much more easily -- or you could join our beta group and try it sooner than that. PM me your hubUID and shipping address, and we can add you to beta and send a replacement hub.

1 Like

And I didn't disagree to this offering, but I'm so at my breaking point with this product, that I don't want to put any more work into it, but at the same time, what a relief it would be to actually see what apparently 90% of the customers are seeing. I haven't seen that.

Let me add to this, all my lighting is mainly Lutron. All my zigbee devices are Iris 2, and lastly, I have a handful of z-wave devices.

All my devices will respond, it's just slow, shotty, broken apps, with errors, etc... Just makes no flipping sense.

I don't know man. I feel like I'm wasting time complaining at this point.

Sent.

if you don't take that offer, then you wasted time complaining.
else
be beta tester

Dude, I already feel like a beta tester, and have felt that way for the last year!

looks like you finally agree with each other :slight_smile: :grin:

1 Like

What are you talking about here? Which apps, what errors?

I do wish y'all had started a new topic :frowning_face:

5 Likes

Yeah get off the thread about HE/NR speed comparison with all yer flippin' complainin'
:grinning:

3 Likes

@mik3 after using node-red have you found your lighting constantly 350 ms?
just curious

dont worry this is not really "real one"
this is:

Every app, lol, nothing is consistent. I don't want to go down this road yet again!

But to humour you, I'll see rule machine parent app throwing errors, I will see missing rules that normally run, not run. I will see motion lighting slow down to 1-2 seconds and sporadically start operating again. I will see the web interface become sluggish and slow, I will dashboards operate slow.

I see it everywhere and nowhere. As I said, nothing is consistent with this thing! As I said, I've rebuilt this thing several times, from the ground up all resulting in this.

The best I've gotten it, was daily reboots, deal with odd motion lighting off and on....

The only thing I can think of, is maybe it's an over heating issue. I've even gone as far as moving the hub at one point, flipping the hub upside down.....

honestly, I've done everything the support staff has suggested and more. Including soft resets, probably over a dozen.

Lastly, all apps are removed, Homeseer drives logic, everything is fast! Works great!

1 Like

OK. This is pointless.