Frient Smart Cable support?

I need a smart plug to monitor a heating device without setting out house on fire.

I spent many hours investigating NON_CHINESE devices (I do NOT mean the A-brand devices made in China)

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Frient Smart Cable. It's a neat little device which supports 16A/230V so it would fit my needs beautifully!

But Hubitat support is not listed (yet)
Another problem is that Hubitat does not report power consumption very wll with the (listed) Frient Smart Plug

Any help would be very much appreciated!

You can try this driver. I have the Frient mini plug ( SPLZB-131) and I am very pleased with it, the automatic reporting of the energy, power, voltage, amperage, and mains frequency works exactly as it should! This is the only monitoring plug that I have that follows precisely the ZIgbee standards!

The same driver was reported to work also with the Frient Smart Cable.

1 Like

I am very happy with this good news, thank you for taking the time to reply!
I'm going to order the Smart Cable and will report back...

1 Like

It sounds like you have the solution you need, but since pretty much all home automation devices are made in China these days, where do you draw a line between acceptable and unacceptable brands?

Well that is what I explained: many A-brands make their products in China but with strict standards to comply with. Like Apple etc.

But there are a lot of devices which are of chinese design, lacking the safety standards we are used to. I saw too many take-apart video's of such devices...
Also many dodgy chinese made components inside those plugs etc. are really bad and will fail soon and damage other applicances (don't ask how I know)

A wall plug, especially when it's small, MUST be very good designed if you want it to be safe.

So most of my home automation lights and wall plugs are from Philips and now I will try to add Frient, which is Danish design (-standards)

That’s what I’m wondering, which brands make your cut?

Couldn’t agree more re: safety in particular when it comes to plugged in or permanently wired devices.

But IMO brand isn’t what matters there. It’s whether the device is listed by an NRTL like UL, CSA, Intertek, etc.

1 Like

We could talk a lot about this... I'm too aware of risks, that build into my system...

But you are right when you say that listed devices should be safe.

interesting read: click

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.