Fortrez MIMO2+ - cannot include without security? Shows as S0

I just got a C8 and am running platform version 2.3.6.146. I've included all of the rest of my zwave devices. However, I have 4 of the Fortrez MIMO2+ devices, and I did the include on one of them, it created the parent and two child devices. However, looking at the parent device, it shows

• zwaveSecurePairingComplete: true

And I cannot get status or make either relay turn on or off.

Reading other topics it says I should change Zwave security from all to locks/garage doors but I do not see that as an option? Reading the manual for the Fortrez relay shows nothing for being able to have the decide choose insecure for pairing.

Thanks in advance, this community is very active compared to my old hub, Vera.

Thoughts?

Follow the suggestions in this thread:

Fundamentally, you need to pair your devices using a secondary controller.

It’s been a while since I looked, but the mobile app used to have a Quick Start pairing option that let you set the security before pairing. Might be an alternative.

I got it all working using my Z stick. Now I have no devices with S0. Yay

1 Like

Completely junk method and not reliable/repeatable, but I was able to pair 2 Zooz ZSE40s to my C-7 without security (The ones marked "incompatible") by moving them far away from the mesh so they had trouble pairing.

Thanks for the suggestions. I wanted to follow up on this as I believe it's possibly as simple as I didn't wait long enough for polling to occur? When I checked this morning, each child device now has

switch:off

I then tested with the "on" command, and the status changed as well as the device attached to that relay did turn on.

Possibly as the newer versions were done, no longer is it necessary for security to be none, but either a batch process, or midnight process, did run and after that it works?

I will post another reply after I add the other three Fortrez devices to make sure this is a solution.

Thanks again for the quick help!