For those using IFTTT and Arlo

...How do you deal with disarming ?

Arming when mode hits 'away' is easy enough - but I would rather not have it auto disarm every morning when mode hits 'Day'

Cheers!

Z

I have a virtual switch called Everyone Away which gets turned on when all of our presence sensors are gone and turned off when one arrives and I use that to trigger the arming/disarming in IFTTT.

Exactly this :point_up_2:t2:

Excuse my lack of knowledge.
Using the 'Arm / Disarm Arlo Button Widget' ? Rather than modes ?
Makes sense - will play when home.
How does layering work ? EG it's night time and all cameras are active and my daughter comes home late (looking guilty) will this disable all cameras again and require me to wake up and pretend I'm fine with her turning up at 4am and re-engage night time / home armed mode ?

Nope, not at all. It will record the evidence (for your complex and challenging conversation the next day :wink: ) but your devices will remain armed until you diarm them in the morning. I use an HE virtual switch to control mine which gets activated either when everyone is out or everyone is in bed. It works very well. The only issue I have is that the IFTTT integration doesn't allow Arlo custom modes to be selected. Just armed or disarmed. So it's not possible to individually arm/disarm cameras, just the entire system.

Do also note that a member on here @njschwartz is working on a native/local Arlo integration so we are hopeful we may get a better solution than IFTTT in the future, which would be awesome!

1 Like

The new IFTTT app sucks, it took a while to find where to create your own applets again.

When you open the app click Get More at the bottom then directly below the search click the "Make more Applets" option then

Click the + next to this
Choose Hubitat
Choose Device Turns on and choose the virtual switch you created on the Hubitat hub
Click Create trigger and click the + next to that and choose Arlo
And choose Arm.

Amen! They used to list triggers and actions for each service too. I can't seem to find that any longer.

1 Like

Agree, it's terrible. I think they are positioning this as their free service and will launch something more comprehensive as a paid service. They have to start making money somehow. That's how it feels to me anyway.

1 Like