Flash Lamps If Water Leak is Detected

Our AC has leaked several times and I wanted to setup a water sensor that could alert us when a leak has started by flashing the lamps in our dining room until the water sensor reads dry.

I sort of have the flashing rule working. It will keep flashing when water is detected, but I can't get it to stop when the sensor is dry. I've tried all sorts of variations of if then statements including an exit rule if sensor is dry.

But nothing is working. It just keeps flashing nonstop and it's making me insane!

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the suggestion Carl. I added that as shown below, but it never seems to exit the rule. The logs jus repeat the same thing over and over.

2020-08-16_17-47-50

Add stopable to the repeat every xxxx line and give it another try.

1 Like

Welcome to Hubitat! A better way to do this is to configure water alerts in HSM. There are options to configure text, audio, siren and light alerts.

That worked! I can finally stop licking this water sensor!

1 Like

Oh, this is cool. I might try that too!

I just tried it out and it worked great except for one thing. The lights only flashed for like 10 seconds. Is there any way to make them flash until the sensor is dry?

The lights should keep flashing until the HSM alarm is canceled. Did you setup the configure arming/disarming/cancel options?

This is all I have.

Also, I notice there's a audio alert option, but it doesn't include any of my Alexas. I have the skill installed and I'm using them for voice commands for the lights.

2020-08-17_9-46-35

If you want to use your Alexas for audio alerts you will have to install echo speaks.

1 Like