Flash a light for 15 seconds when hsm changes state

I can't seem to find a way to do this and it may not be possible. I want to flash a light for a short period when I change the mode for the hsm. I know I could use a colored bulb and change it depending on mode, but looking for something more subtle then a red bulb on my garage.

This should do what you want. You can play around with the repeat to get the flash closer to what you want. Just change the trigger to HSM status changed and the repeat to whatever you want.

If you want a true flash capability see this thread. It discusses the difference between simulating a flash and actually using the flash capability.

1 Like

Thanks for the fast reply, I never even thought of that as a way to do it. And with some looking was able to capture the state of the light before and the return it after doing the flashes.

Loving hubitat and it's community, came from 4.5 years of smart things and so far pretty amazed. Thanks everyone, I am sure I will ask more dumb coding questions, it's been nearly 20 years since I did any real programming.

1 Like