Flair home vent

Hmmm... interesting!
Thanks for the update.
From what I was reading on their forums, it SOUNDED like they did, but there was no definitive answer, just a mention of their algorithm.

1 Like

I use the @yracine66 device manager and app, but i then have my own webcore routines to control my vents. 23 vents total, 3 pucks, 9 zones, all working well. Took some time to implement, but everyroom/zone running on a virtual thermostat and temperature setting based upon occupancy, time of day, etc. (whatever you need). For the pressure sensors on the vents, they are there, but not used, just reporting and when monitoring them, they are not consistent from vent to vent. Flair "algorithm" instead never lets you close more than 1/3 of the vents (if using the flair app). But using the device manger above and webcore (or rule machine of choice), you have total control. Bypass dampers to help with back pressure concerns. Added fresh air intake and damper for those nice days. Happy so far.

If I want to use sharp tools how would I set multiple zoning up with an ecobee thermostat?

Can you share any pictures of how you assembled and packaged everything up with the Zen53?

Unfortunately no. I did not take any pictures at the modification time. Right now everything is
installed and will be very hard to take apart. However the rework was near straight forward.
I unsoldered few wires from the original control board and a motor. These 4 wires are actually
from limit sensors and in my setup are not used because it was not difficult to calibrate ZEN53.
Mechanically I removed some plastic from batter compartment because "as is" ZEN53 did not
fit. I am using 12V-to-5V downconverter to power on ZEN53. And because motor is about 1.5V
it is a must to use 10-15 ohm 5W resistor serially with motor assuming ZEN53 powered from 5V
DC power supply.

Are you powering the Zen53 with the built-in batteries of the Flair vent or do you have a separate power supply?

No batteries. I have nearby 12V power supply. For the ZEN53 I am using 12V-to-5V
downconverter. 5V is a minimal required voltage for the ZEN53. Flair motor is only about 2V.
This way serial resistor is about 10-15 ohm, 5W. This resistor is absolutely MUST be used.
Otherwise motor will not survive.