First problem w/Pico - no longer Pico-Perfect

Wife had a problem w/her Pico tonight - of course, it had to be hers and not mine. Hit the button we use to toggle the fan and it didn't respond. I tried a couple of times and it didn't work for me either.

Went to my Pico (we have one each on our bedstands) and pressed mine and it worked first try.

Then tried hers again and it worked fine to turn it off and on again.

They are going through the Bond integration to the fan, so more than one issue could be the cause. Just wondered if this is a "thing" that Picos do sometimes. They have been so perfect that I was very surprised to experience an issue.

15 Pico's and never encountered that issue. Except one with range issue before I added a plug in dimmer.

1 Like

Thanks, mine is actually a little farther away than my wife's. Now I can't make it fail. I'm going to switch Pico's with her so I can see if it's behaving oddly.

Logs look normal for the Pico, shows all the button presses, off to check Bond logs.

It's also possible the bond integration is the issue as well. Maybe look at the past log for hint.

Yup, that's what I meant about more than one issue could be the cause...

I had problems with Picos and Bond. They both transmit on similar frequencies so Bond could be starting to send command to fan while Pico is still sending to Lutron Hub. With mine, the green led on Pico would still be blinking when lights on Bond Hub starting blinking. Solution from Bond staff on this forum was to add a300ms delay to Bond command. See this thread describing my weird issues from a few months back. I ended up using Eria Dimmers for all of my fans instead.

I also posted on Bond's site:

3 Likes

Thanks for this, could be it, especially since it is intermittent (fine from my Pico, not from hers). We've only had this happen once, so hopefully the interference will not happen again, or be very infrequent.

I'm using the Pico w/the ABC button app as opposed to a Rule, and I don't have an option there or in the Pico device page to set a delay, so I'll live w/this potential issue for now and worry about it more if my Problem Notification Unit (i.e., wifey) sends any more "DEFCON 5 ALARM status messages. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.