First official Hubitat C8 Review!

Same I just bought one recently and Def don't think I could resell the c-7 locally

On the YouTube presentation on Feb 28 I think one of the presenters said "don't plug it into a switch." Does anyone know why?

He meant don't put it on top of the switch due to possible signal interference. It would be pretty hard not to plug it into a switch lol. It's best not to have it on top of other equipment like that but even @mike.maxwell likes to live dangerously lol

2 Likes

The way he said it on YT, almost like an inside joke, I wondered if Mike was thinking someone might plug their C-8 into a switch-controlled receptacle, LOL.

Damm... bought the C7 in Feb and just got done setting it up. Ugghhh

1 Like

Whenever you decide to get a C-8, you can make use of Hubitat’s cloud backup to restore a C-7 backup on the C-8. Its quick, takes less than 20 mins and doesn’t require any devices to be re-paired.

2 Likes

Thanks. Just wish I waited a few weeks! Just ordered a few zigbee outlets to expand my mesh… probably end up with the same coverage.

2 Likes

Yeah, now what do I do with one of my C-7 hubs?

I do not have any cloud backup options so I assume I can not migrate. Besides, I have between 12 and 20 LAN devices I spent a lot of time getting to work. I could list them if anyone cared.

With .103 it will allow you to make a cloud backup for the purposes of migration at no charge.

3 Likes

OK, but I am running 2.3.5.104 and 95% of the updates are for the C8 so I am in no hurry to update to 2.3.5.117 yet. I clicked the button and it is thinking ... ... it added manual (unlike before) and saved it locally. I suspect some other setting is preventing a cloud option.

You need to make sure it's connected to the internet and there should be a migration specific button on there unless you subscribe to Hub Protect. If you subscribe to Hub protect, simply make a new cloud backup.

The newest update takes more than 5 minutes to reboot.

Pretty normal with the expanded database. It gets faster after a few boots

2 Likes

I still do not have any such option. No C8 for me.

It can be especially hard to troubleshoot when user error is the underlying problem.

3 Likes

Can you snapshot your settings>>backup page?

2 Likes

True, I have a house wiring issue I need to resolve and the person who assembled my greenhouse put the fan 1 1/2 inches off so I could not figure out how to install the shelf.

Sure, I doubt it will help.

That's not the backup page

1 Like