First Night with Hubitat, Z-Wave Question

Good Day to all,
First day with Hubitat and I'm liking it Very much!

So far, I registered my Hub, setup the first stages, added 6 devices, 2 rules, Rule maker and Alexa, and finally did a Repair to my Z-Wave Network after adding the first 6 devices.

Question;
Is there anyway to see a Map of Z-Wave connection? Maybe some type of Topological layout?
Would this me an add on App?

Sorry if I am duplicating another question. But, I did do a number of searches and did not find anything specific to my question. Maybe I did not use the correct Search Parameters.

Thank You for your time!
Bill

Welcome!

There isn't a native map build into system that I have found at this time. That being said you can buy an xbee? which allows for creating a map.

An Xbee works well for Zigbee networks. Great device to have in the toolkit!

I believe OP was specifically asking for a Z-Wave mapping tool. Unfortunately, no such tool exists from Hubitat. A few very brave users have added an additional Z-Wave stick as a secondary controller to their Hubitat Z-Wave network. Then, they use PC-based tools to generate Z-Wave device maps. I have never attempted this.

For Z-Wave I believe this is the only option to do that.

WOW, Thank You ALL for your reply's.

I took one look at the price of the Z-Wave Toolbox and fell to the floor. After my wife revived me, I decided it was a-bit out of my current pocket range. BUT, it sure would be a nice tool to try. Maybe if I was installer or did this type of thing for a living I could realize its value.

Yes, at the moment, this is only a Z-Wave network. That is exactly why I wanted to switch hubs, to get more options like ZeeBee. I decided on the Hubitat Hub because of its write ups. I also found a YouTube Podcast at 9:00PM a week, maybe two weeks ago. It was a discussion from the Habitat developers and I could tell they have been around this stuff for a lot longer than I. Great way to learn!!!

Thanks for all your support and advice! If, I get some courage, I might look into the possibility of adding a second Controller. I already have the Z-Stick. But that is a little down the road from today, (i.e. my second day with the Hubitat bub).

THANKS!
Bill

1 Like

It isn't difficult to add the Zstick to a Linux machine or Raspberry Pi and install OpenZwave Control Panel. You run Zwave Include on the HE hub and add the stick to HE. I find visual maps to be messy and not very helpful but I do correlate the Zwave logs from OZWCP to get hop counts and neighbor tables

Thanks A LOT for the Support and encouragement zarthan!.
In the last 4 months I actually ran my Z-Stick on a Raspberry PI using openHab, prior to that I run it on my PC with Axial (formally InControlHA) for 10 years. Unfortunately, I found openHAB's learning curve just a-bit too much for my talents. So, I kept looking for the right solution for me.

Can you point me to some OZWCP documentation?
I would like to learn more about its capabilities.

Thanks
Bill

Here is the Github page https://github.com/OpenZWave/open-zwave-control-panel