First Alert Zwave Smoke detector status checker

Any advice on how to test this device to make sure that it is reporting regularly? Smoke and CO and battery are triggers that work perfectly. What i would like to do is create a notification if the detector has not sent a report in during a specific amount of time. I created a rule just now where the trigger is battery "changed", and the action is to log it to see if it is as simple as that. Ideally, an app that will allow me to set up a notification for any battery device that has not reported within x period of time would be great. I tried Device Watchdog but cannot get the app to install, any apps out there that do this sort of thing reliably? Many thanks j

Device Activity Check is what I have been using (including a handful of First Alert alarms).

1 Like

+1 for that, this app is what you want and works great: [RELEASE] Device Activity Check - Get notifications for "inactive" devices

4 Likes

Thank you - dead on - got it installed and running. I really appreciate the tip, exactly what i needed. jj

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.