First Alert combo detector

Hello All,

I just purchased and added to my hub 3 first alert combo (zcombo) detectors. I added the HSM app and made a dashboard so I can monitor the status of them including battery. But when I added the tile it doesn't show "clear" and "smoke/carbon monoxide" like this person has

Instead I have

Has something changed or am I doing something incorrectly??

Also I noticed when I added the detectors that the driver defaulted to device and I had to change it to generic z-wave plus smoke/co detector.

tia

Since you had to change the driver, I'd go to the device detail page for each and run a Configure command (button in the commands towards the top of the page) to see if that helps. If not, you can also try a Refresh (If there is one for these devices) or try something like running a test on the detector itself to force it to send something to the hub and update the "Current States" you'll also see on this page. The problem is likely that nothing is there, or at least nothing Dashboard is looking for (the "smoke" attribute; it appears you have "battery").

Also, don't be surprised if battery reporting is notoriously unreliable on these--while less so for those with alkaline batteries, it's an incredibly common grievance with most devices. I gave up battery monitoring on most of my devices long ago and wrote Device Activity Check to help with what people are normally really looking for when they're looking at this kind of thing, plus the smoke detector itself normally starts chirping before I ever notice anything on the hub side...in the event I forget to change the batteries on schedule like I'm supposed to. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can say that again....

Try setting the option "Hide Icon Helper Text" off. Its under the Gear, Options on the dashboard. I think that will show that text (if that is what you are wanting.)

Unfortunately there are no such buttons for the device under the z-wave plus driver. But when I switch it to the regular z-wave it has a refresh button only.
The status shows clear on the device page but just not in the tile on the dashboard.

This solved the issue for both status and heading :grinning:
Don't know why I didn't think of looking there because I have those options off in my other dashboards....DOH!!!