First 1,5 h week with Hubitat Elevation C7

I was tired of all waiting with vera/ezlo on new ezlo fw so decided to try Hubitat that I heard from other exverausers were a good fast reliable hub.
It came and it was the new C7. Nice I thought!....Not! Not even close... Every device I try to add there's problems and struggle. Som devices works but many don't even if Hubitat says it does. I have spent 1,5week of my vacation with this and no I come to decision to stop. I can continue anymore.I have the latest fw and Z-Wave fw. The Hubitat must get updated fw and updated drivers before I do anything...
Nothing works, strange things happens all the time and it feels I'm not alone with this.
Also critical most common devices like QUbino double switch and fibaro double switch is not on native driverlist and fibaro RGBW driver is incomplete ( missing 4 endpoints)
Is there ongoing investigation and solutions of an update and release soon? @bcopeland @mike.maxwell

I have big hopes for this hub and I like a lot of things in it and som I don't like but probably because I'm a newbie.

Now I will look at the other way from the hub and will go out in the sun instead ,drink a beer and wait for a miracle! ...Have a nice day!

/Mattias Sweden

Same here! I had 6 devices to pair and it took 27 pairing attempts. My Device IDs are now: 011, 015,016,025,026,and 027 to give you a sense of the pain involved (as opposed to 2,3,4,5,6,7)

Here is a link with more info: C-7 Z-Wave Inclusion Issues

Since the flurry of updates that accompanied the c7 hubs staff has been rather quiet. Not much comments on the many zwave quirks that have been reported. I for one have been hoping that the new zwave chips get a bit more love. That's my optimistic hope. Though its hard to know if the powers that be actually consider there to be problems they can correct.

Since the staff told that there's problem with some fibaro devices that only can be fixed by device fw I went by changing dimmers and on/offs to shelly. Much faster but maybe not as nice as zwave devices . But Very nice without Zwave popcorneffect....

Has any anyone tried C7 with unauthenticated pairing? I'm using S2Un when possible, S0 for others for all of them and have many issues. Wondering.

This may be irrelevant with all the new updates, but I have had my Honeywell T6 thermostat paired with unauthenticated S2 for a while now on the C7 and works fine. From my understanding, there is no fuctional difference between auth/unauth S2 except for the inclusion process, in which authenticated pairing defends against an active downgrade attack by asking for the 5 digit DSK before inclusion. After a successful pairing, unauth'd is no different than auth'd.

Though it would be nice if there was a better indicator of the security status other than in the data area with cryptic labels of S2: 0, 1, and 128

Yep using unauthenticed for everything except a few repeaters. You can force pair non S2 Z-wave devices like the Aeotec recessed door sensor 5 via a secondary controller like a Z-Stick or UZB 7.

edit: apologies just realized you posted this a while ago.. so carry on!

Coffee has kicked in big time apparently! :coffee: :upside_down_face:

Unless I am missing something you can view them on the Z-Wave details page..

Ah true, though I guess this shows that it could be organized better as I often overlook the details page unless I need to repair. Optimally it would be nice to have this security column in the regular devices page, and possibly an icon or color shading indicating its type and security level. I love Hubitat, but you can tell that some areas suffer from developer tunnel vision.