Finally convinced my wife about HE

Well. I did it. I won the battle and hopefully the war.

My wife has always been pretty cool with my home automation stuff but I'll be honest, finding a "pretty" and functional front end for it has been... challenging. We have flopped back and forth between a lot of things and while I have adapted to each change she doesn't... We had pretty good luck with homebridge and the hubitat plugin but it kinda slows down my hub for some reason (or maybe it's just me)

Now I have my Dashboard set up in a way that she actually likes using! Set up her phone with some notifications for the doors and the laundry buttons.

I just needed to share this with some people who might know and understand the struggle.

5 Likes

Can you post a screenshot of your dashboard, curious what you did with it?

You are using the MakerAPI version of this, correct? If MakerAPI is able to slow the Hub, I'm pretty sure that Hubitat Staff would want to know that.

Sure, so basically what I tried to do was make a cross between the new smartthings app and homekit. At least as basic as I could. I used Text tiles to break up the rooms. (Usually there is a nice picture of our house but I removed it for the screenshot)

You are using the MakerAPI version of this, correct? If MakerAPI is able to slow the Hub, I'm pretty sure that Hubitat Staff would want to know that.

I am but I need to do some more troubleshooting on my end to try and pin point if it is the Maker-API or my Homebridge setup.