Fibaro roller shutter 3

Yes it does. Not with an official driver yet but with a user driver. Follow the instructions above and you should be able to make it work. Good luck

Hi @amithalp and @Huby, I'm going to buy couple of Fibaro Roller Shutters 3. So as I understand with the driver you mentioned everything works ok, you're also able to set your rollers to specific % (like 20%, 30% etc)?

Yes, for me it works very well. Both via Hubitat's rule machine, or opening/ closing manually via dashboard, and even with Alexa.
And it was @amithalp who introduced me to this driver.
Fallow the instructions and it will be fine. And don't forget to pres configuration after the installation.
Good luck!

1 Like

Would you mind sharing some links to the posts that assist with driver conversion? I have a few projects in mind.

Look what @amithalp wrote to me in this conversation. There are the links and all the info that helped me. It's in the beginning of this thread.

I think i used this page
I lately ran into this youtube video with a nice explanation on writing groovy code for hubitat.
Hope it helps.
Good luck

2 Likes

Hi @amithalp, newbie here, this is actually my first post.

I started with HE this week, and roller shutter are a priority for me (live in Spain). I bought the FGR-223 v5.1 and installed your driver, but can't get it to work.

I have several issues:

• For starters, I cannot save any preferences. For example, I use toggle switches and when I set up #20 to 1 (1-toggle switches), the value does not save and the log shows:

error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_philh30_Fibaro_FGR_223_Roller_Shutter_3_360.runIn() is applicable for argument types: (java.math.BigDecimal, java.lang.String) values: [1.0, setSynced]

• in the device current states, the syncStatus is syncing, all the time, shouldn't be 'synced'?

• In the 'Shade' tile, I have several issues as well: if the bar is at 0% (closed), when I click on it, it fully opens (OK). If the bar is at 99% (open), when I click on it, it fully closes (OK). However when is partially open, the button does not work, nothing happens. The bar does not work either. I can set up the position with the 'Level Vertical' tile, and the value updates fine in the 'Shade' bar, but it does nothing when I use it from the 'Shade' tile.

Any chance you could have a look at it?

Hi imbeta.
The driver is not mine I just converted it from smartthings to Hubitat.
I am no expert (unfortunatly) but would do my best to try and help. I just moved to a new house, thus, I have no FGR-223 installed. I plan on reinstalling some FGR-223 myself in the coming week and will have to run through the process again and will keep you updated.
Sorry for not being able to help (for now).
Best regards,
Amit

Thanks Amit!
I bought a qubino shutter, and does not work either :slightly_frowning_face:

Hi there, don't lose hope :slight_smile:
I was able to use the Fibaro in my previous home and I'm sure it will work again. This weekend I am planning to install in my new house and will keep you updated.
By the way, have you tried using the Dimmer tile instead of the shade tile? If I remember correctly this is what I did last time. This should allow draging the shade to a certain position.
Give it a try.
Amit

Surprise, I looked at one of my old dashopards and was able to see the how it was configured.
Have a look

And the Device itself

Thanks @amithalp, I'll have a look tomorrow, I don't know if I tried the dimmer, I like the nice colours and icons on the official shape tile.

Hi, I downloaded the code and it works fine. With one exception, the closed and open situation are the reverse of my actual sunshade. I tried modifying params #24 and #25 to fix this, but there seems to be no difference.

Is there any way other than rewiring the Fibaro module? (a pain due to tight space)

Thanks!

[Note: I found a solution - albeit inelegant - by changing every reference to 'invert' in the driver code to '!invert'. Is there a better solution?]

Had the same problem with one device. tried changing parameters 24 and 25 trough the driver page but it did nothing and I wasn't sure they are realy changed. Finally came across a system tool (link here) that allows you to view the parameters value and change them manually. It did the work for me.
Let me know if it helped.
Good luck

I tried that, but it did not seem to change anything. I am not sure if the parameters actually got stored. Also, looking at the driver, I don't see where the parameters actually get used - seems like that part was snipped out?

Using the Super basic Z-wave tool you can run a report, go to the logs file, see the parameter value. Then perform a change using the tool and run the report again to see the value has changed.
I will try to attached some screen shots

After you have downloaded the driver code and created a driver with the name SuperBasicZ-wave you should change the FGR-233 device driver to this new driver.
Then save the device and you should see the Get parameter report icon. Click it and go to logs to see the list of parameters and their values.
Now if parameter 24 for exampe is 0, then go to the device page again and enter in the Set parameter area the values (Parameter - 24, size - 1, value - 1).
Click 'Set parameter' and run the report again to see that the parameter realy changed.
Works?

And do not forget to replace the device driver to the right one at the end. If it does not do the job for you send me your log file so I can have a look.

This is the only thing I see in the log file when I try to read the params. I don't see anything when I try to set them. Can you post a copy of the exact driver code you use?

dev:372020-09-29 23:30:07.078 traceconfigurationGet command(s) sent...