Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 and Aeotec nano Shutter

So I have Fibaro Roller Shutter 3, Unfortunately it's not on the supported list, but Aeotec nano shutter is , thow I read some posts from february where ppl. where not happy.
I fond in the driver list something called Aeotec Nanomoto, I guess this is it. Anyone have it working?
Thank you for your time!

Is it? I have been running a custom one as didn't think it was.

I don't think this is it.

Personally I wouldn't get the aeotec one it's abit crap :frowning: no way to set points in blinds the only thing you can do is set the amount of time in seconds that it should run for for an open and close. The Fibaro sets it self up and knows where the blind is.

So what are you saying?
The Fibaro, wich has no driver works and the Aeotec which has , it's not working?!
Which one do you actually have at home?

I have the aeotec one. Personally I would go for the qubino one as that IS supported and has similar options to the Fibaro

But how can you be sure that qubino is good until you try it ?
And btw. are you sure there's no driver for aeotec? Then what is the one I found?

This thing

others have mentioned about it.

I'm afraid you are right!
Wow, so there's just one supported...
Well, let's hope that the one that is supported is also working well!
But I'm a bit skeptic..

I'm not every device I have that is supported has worked perfectly with their drivers. :smile:

Well, in that case I'll buy this one..
I already have 2 Fibaro that I can't return..
Thank you so much for clearing up that confusion with the Aeotec driver.

If you have the Fibaros I would ask @mike.maxwell if It's on his radar for a driver? If not you can always have a look on the ST forum and see if one has been created there, if it has it may be able to be ported.

Hi,
Had the same issue with the missing driver.
I did manage to utilize the ST driver and it is working for me..
Have a look here

Wow, this is amazing news! Changes everything!
I will contact you to help me set it up, and if it works for me too, maybe they should add it to the list of compatible devices.
Thank you!

Hi there @BorrisTheCat , some time has passed since your last post here so I was wondering if you are still using this custom driver for your Aeotec nano shutter. What are you using? Has anything changed?

I'm currently using the built-in driver but it's not 100%. It works but the reporting is abit quiffy. I believe there are a few people working on a driver for the nano.

Well, but I don't have the Aeotec, I have Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 (FGR-223), and I use the FGR-222 handler by Julien Bachmann and changes made by philh30 .
So far I'm very pleased with it!

For me it works very well. The only thing that it's not working so well, it's the Hubitat. I still can't use the app outside my house. It displays that error message that it cab not connect the server..
So if I need to do something while I'm not home, I use the Alexa app..

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.