Fibaro Heat Controller problems

Thanks, yes I'm keen to remove the fans entirely as it breaks integration with Apple HomeKit - or at least makes it confusing to the point of not wanting to use it. I'm probably an edge case in having 19 radiators to control, maybe if it was a much smaller number I wouldn't mind the extra cruft quite so much.

To balance out the moans, I have to say it's a pleasure to be using a platform that exposes all of the information I need to get my system working and optimised.

3 Likes

+1

@gopher.ny is it possible to optionally filter the thermostatFanMode capabilities in the Homkit integration? (in a similar way that we can filter battery status as example)

Although I know and understand why the standard Thermostat capability in HE historically includes also attributes related to fans, for TRVs these are not relevant and I agree with @lpcollier that the fans that we see on Apple Home app are annoying...

Current/target fan state are a part of base HomeKit thermostat implementation.
That said, what exactly are you looking for? I'm sure these attributes can be fixed in some way.

The question was whether it is possible that TRVs are exposed to Apple Home without the Fan component:

Fibaro TRVs look like this and they have no fans:

1 Like

@Toumal i have the same problem, i added fibaro heat thermostat and after some time i could notice
that radiator is warm and the temperature in the room is much higher then it should be.
Once a few minutes thermostate blinks read two times. And thats it.