Fibaro FGS 222 Operating without a log entry

I have a Fibaro FGS 222 operating as a garage door relay switch, linked with a sensor that gives the garage door status and alerts me when the garage door has been open for more than 10 minutes. This appears to have worked well for the past year, but today I got an alert stating the garage door had been opened without me having operated the switch. When I checked the device events page, I noticed that there had been no log entries for the garage door since July, and the previous one was February.

Given that I operate the door a few times a day, via the dashboard switch, does anyone have any idea why the events page only rarely updates? I have checked the logs and there are no entries in there either. The driver I am using is one from @Robin, it appears to have a log entry in it.

FGS-222 is a double relay. You should have the log option in the Child device.

Don't you have it?

And I am using this driver:

• Fibaro FGS-222 Double Relay Switch Device Type - For use on Hubitat
  • Author: Eric Maycock and Robin Winbourne, updated by Chris Charles
  • Date: 2018-03-24

I haven't got that set up. Looking at yours, I suspect you have originally set up with the child metering device, is that the case? As I only needed one relay, I did not use that, but I suspect that may be the problem.

I do not remember. That was a long time ago. Sorry.

For the record, I also use the above driver, much better than the original one I butchered together back in the day.

Thanks, I have checked my driver, the date is the same (2018-03-24), but the only named Author is Robin Winbourne. Is this the same one, or should I be checking for another version?

I think this is the one I am currently running... works well and logging looks correct.

If there are any updates I made since that post I should have added them to HPM.... I think!

Edit: I definitely published this to HPM so that's the best way to ensure you stay current (in case of firmware changes on Hubitat side)

1 Like

All, thanks for posting this driver, I have installed it and it solves the logging issue I had before. However, I have a few issues that I am not sure are a fault with the driver or my understanding of how it works.

First, on the devices page I can see On/Off buttons, On1/Off1 and On2/Off2 buttons. However, on the dashboard and on Maker API, I can only get access to the On/Off buttons, I would like to get access to both of the end points. With other Fibaro devices, e.g. the FGS223, I have access by installing the Metering Switch Child Device and then the main driver. Am I supposed to do something else to this driver?

Second, I have the switch set to momentary (Parameter 14), this works well if I operate "On1", but when I operate "On" it tends to stick in the on position. Are there any other parameters I need to amend? I use the switch to operate a garage door, via Maker API to Home Assistant so don;t want to leave the relay engaged.

Finally, I have checked HPM and this is not listed as a driver that uses this app. Do I need to do anything to amend this?

Many thanks for your help.

Make sure your endpoints (device childs) are assigned to a driver ‘Generic component switch’.
Then, make sure they are assigned to the dashboard.
You should create them with a switch tile and be able to operate them On and Off.

A momentary switch means that when you click the switch it turns on and stays on.
If you need it to turn off right away automatically you might look for a parameter to do this in the device page or create a rule to turn it off right away

Ok, thanks. I have now done this and have two switches, a little bit of fiddling sorted it. I have the momentary switch set for 5 ms so it switches off.