Fibaro FGS-221 and FGS-223

If memory serves me you need to first define the 223 handlers and the the metering handler.
Then pair your 223 and it should automatically define the devices as per this screenshot. Was a while ago though.

by "define" you mean copy-paste the code you gave me and have the drivers available and ready to use?? then when pairing automatically the device will pick those ?

Yes. Spot on. I'm sure that is how I did it but it was a while ago and my little grey cell is not as good as it used to be. :wink:

what I did is first add to hubitat the device and then add the code from the drivers you gave me and later try to chose from the drop down list so let me exclude it and include it again to see if it automatically gets the drivers assigned

@bobbles It did not work

Hi @ericm I see you are the owner/developer of the drivers for the FGS-223. Can you advise how to use them ?? @bobbles has provided the "Fibaro Double Switch 2 FGS-223" and the "Metering Switch Child Device" but how to use them ?? if I assign as the driver of my fibaro switch the "Fibaro Double Switch 2 FGS-223" it will work to turn on/off both switches together but is not creating the child devices. Is there an app or something that should be used ??
thanks

1 Like

@ericm @bobbles you can ignore my previous post, I found the problem and is that I changed the name of the "Metering Switch Child Device" to something different in order to identify that it is for the FGS-223 so once I returned it to original name it created the 2 child devices. thanks

1 Like

Hi Trying to use the 223 app but it doesn't make childs. I have the metering scd driver.
if I change to Aeotec driver it creates childs. (but don't work)

What am I doing wrong

/ Mattias (novice ex vera user)

If you are using a C7 hub, then you are doing nothing wrong.
There are some issues with Z-Wave which will hopefully be resolved shortly.
See the thread below.
If you are not using both switches, change the device drive to the in built 'Fibaro Switch' and hopefully it will work for you. Just as a temporary measure.
I'm having exactly the same issue with my 223's and also issues with most of my Fibaro devices on the C7. Working brilliantly of my C3 and C5.

aha ok, yes its a c7... then I have to wait for the update...

will continue with other devices
Thanx

I have my fingers crossed that the update will solve this issue but it may not. :crossed_fingers:

Hi Aldo

I see you have successfully add FGS221 to smartthings. Are you able to guide me through it? First time user of ST

Thanks

Hello Vanchan
I am not longer using Smartthings I have fully transfered to Hubitat, all my data in ST is deleted and I do not remember the steps on that platform as it was long time ago, I just remember I had to use an app and create virtual devices to sync, but do not remember steps

Hi there I have just switch to Hubitat and only got it yesterday. I am having issue with my fibaro 223. I have followed the guidance above and installed both drivers. However, when I try to add the two metering switch child device in the tiles using the switch template it just come up as a question mark. Any advise please? I can turn the light on and off under the device setting page.
thanks

Hi Everyone,
Just purchased my HE C7 and am trying to migrate my Fibaro FGS-222 Double Relay Switch and are having troubles displaying the two relay childs with HE.
I have performed the following;

1. Recognised Z-Wave FGS-222 device in HE
  2. Installed Driver for the FGS-222
  3. Installed Driver for the '2 switches for the 222'
  4. Installed App for the 222 (Virtual Sync)

I have attached a screen-shot(s) of the current configuration
I can see the two relays, however they are not displaying outside the side as Child Devices that l seperately program.

I suspect l am doing something wrong i.e. missed step but for the life of me l can't work this out!

I hoping someone could kindly guide me this would be very much appreciated - It would be great if someone could create a YouTube video tutorial showing this for us to follow.

As you can see, from the last image, the device is not showing the two Child switches/relays

Thanks in advance

I can't tell if you clicked the drop down for the driver and changed it to the custom one. After you do that you may have to click on save preferences.

@ericm
Hi Eric
Please see the attached image that shows that l selected the drop down and changed it to 'Metering Child Device'

Nothing else shows after doing that sadly, l suspect l am missing step or going about it the wrong way.
Thanks again, look forward to your advice

Don't select the metering child, select the main driver.
It will only create the child devices after you click save preferences, and the metering child driver will be automatically used for the child.

Note that Save Preferences is different to Save Device, make sure to click it even if you haven't changed anything.

Hi,
I originally selected the custom 'Fibaro FGS-222 Double Relay Switch' from the drop down however nothing happened?

https://community.hubitat.com/uploads/default/original/3X/7/1/717cfbe805cc4b51ce1b5fecf8b52a859e4334ab.png

Have l selected the correct custom driver?

When creating this driver, after selecting New Driver under the Drivers Code, l clicked on the 'Import' and pasted the code and hit 'save'. Should l have pasted the github link and performed the 'Import Code from Website' instead of manually pasting? If so, could you please provide with the correct driver github URL link

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I managed to finally get this working by installing Eric's Fibaro FGS-223 driver

So far so good!

Thanks again

2 Likes