Fibaro FGBS-001

It works perfectly on ST and here I havnt had any issues yet, other than the child devices which isn’t supported yet. But the device does respond you just havnt set it up correctly yet.

right 1st put a screenshot of your device page does it say active?

It reports unknown but says alive on z-wave settings.

seen reports that this isn't necessarily the latest information of the device. why don't you exclude the device and set it up again to ensure its paired correctly.

Then change the DH to the one you have created (make sure its the correct code)

then open up the logs page on a tab.

on the device page click list current parameters and make sure they come in on the logs page.

fill in all the default parameters and click save at the bottom of the page.

then click update current parameters wait for that to finish.

click configure device and let that finish.

close a contact and check the logs to see if anything happens

1 Like

Ok I got it yay :+1: third time lucky 3rd time adding it back in and got it :joy::joy: I was ready for giving up. Many thanks @BorrisTheCat. I also took out all the reference to the tiles from ST on my code.
now if we can get the child bit working… But happy for now​:grin::+1: cheers

On the topic of child devices have you seen this.
https://community.hubitat.com/t/can-we-create-child-devices/689

:joy::joy: yes you have seen it lol.

@BorrisTheCat have you setup rule machine to link to virtual devices for contacts and temps? i have had a play but cant work out how to do it. I cant see a way to update virtual device from states of the sensor. Maybe i have had to much wine :wine_glass:

:joy: No, not yet I have only moved 2 devices over too HE so far, a UBS and a fibaro RGBW controller using Webcore to link them. So am only dipping my toe in at the moment and seeing what works. For me on the UBS I have moved I don't need child devices as Webcore picks up my attributes, but on others I will need it, so until I can prove everything will work I'm taking it slow.

The child device is now supported so trying to get it working, fingers crossed it should be a quick fix. I will update the code link once its done.

all done @deanturner39 if you take the latest from my branch it should work the only thing i need to do is create a virtual temperature driver as they dont have one in the stock drivers yet. But it should still work then you can change the driver to your prefered one.

Oh great work @BorrisTheCat I will have a look when I can :+1: cheers.

@BorrisTheCat help cant get it to create childs just says no temps but it is reading 2 lots in current states.
Tried reversing what you changed but still no joy.

dev:2892018-09-09 20:35:28.294:debugNo temperature received for temperature4 so no child will be created

dev:2892018-09-09 20:35:28.290:debugNo temperature received for temperature3 so no child will be created

dev:2892018-09-09 20:35:28.286:debugNo temperature received for temperature2 so no child will be created

dev:2892018-09-09 20:35:28.282:debugNo temperature received for temperature1 so no child will be created

dev:2892018-09-09 20:35:28.273:debugCreating Temperature children

Not actually tested this myself, so I will try setting one up tomorrow. Have you, set the settings and done configure?

Yes set all parameters to default and sent config, all confirmed in logs seeing contacts and child's were created. See temps 1&2 but it will not create child for for them. Log also shows temps 1&2 updating.

I am also having some issues with this one. I have connected 4 temp probes to it and set parameters 10 & 11, but I am not able to create the child devices. This is the error I get: No temperature received for temperature4 so no child will be created (same for 1,2,3).

Also tried reversing the temp wires, removed and re-added the device etc.

Any idea what to try next ?

It's because I still have to fix the driver, I'm waiting on some help with it. I have a hack to get it working but it's not right and your then need bro deleted the extra temperature probs it creates.

One thing you do need to check though, is to make sure your receiving temperature messages in the log. Your see stuff like input changed from X to Y

Ah, ok. I actually use my FGBS with all 4 probes, so perhaps the hack could work for me ? Would you be willing to share that, as I don´t mind having to tinker a bit.

However, I don´t seen any input changed messages, so probably the temp is not coming in ?

I do get an error when I try to update the current Params: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'value' on null object on line 411 (updateCurrentParams)

I don't mind sharing it as long as you know its not perfect :wink:

did you connect the probes after you included the device to the network?

You know what they say, Perfect is the enemy of good :slight_smile:

No, they were connected before. That is the way I have done it on the Vera. Is it different on the Hubitat ?