Fibaro FGBS-001

@BorrisTheCat, I too love Fibaro, both looks and functionality. Regarding their stance on firmware, I found a posting on the Homeseer forum that has an excerpt from Fibaro:

I understand your requirement and I can confirm, that we are getting similar request from our Customers.
Please mind, that we are fully supporting our devices using our own gateways (Home Center 2 and Home Center Lite), I hope you understand that.

We can cooperate with other gateways in the subject of firmware update, but due the fact, that there are dozens of them, we simply cannot release such an update fully compatible with every existing Z-Wave gateway. Nevertheless, if gateway producer will contact us with such a request, I can assure, that we will do our best to cooperate and to give you (the users) the ability to upgrade the firmware.

You can always try to contact with one of our distributor, I hope he can help you in upgrading firmware in your modules.

So it seems that they do share Firmwares, just not with end-users. Since @bcopeland is now at Hubitat and has created the Z-Wave firmware update tool, perhaps there is incentive for Hubitat to reach out to Fibaro ? (although they are technically a competitor on the Hub front).

1 Like

It sure would be great to get Fibaro firmware able to be updated via HE / @bcopeland’s App.
Surely having MORE happy users, using and recommending Fibaro products, is a Sales and Marketing dream !!

Has anyone gotten this to work? i have just moved from Smartthings to Hubitat C7 hub, the fibaro device pairs without problems with the native driver to the hub...

i have setup the input to "normally open" as i had it on smartthings...

however, the child contact devices doesnt change states :frowning:

the log is showing this, when activating the button (so something is getting through but i cant use it...i need it for webcore):

dev:1792020-08-13 10:40:34.480 debugdesc:zw device: 0E, command: 2B01, payload: 0B FF , isMulticast: false

dev:1792020-08-13 10:40:31.951 debugdesc:zw device: 0E, command: 2B01, payload: 0A FF , isMulticast: false

Waiting for hub update. Its apparently an issue with the c7.

omg :frowning:

well i have gotten some luck, with changing the type to momentary (switch type) and device type (button)

now the log shows the following (but i havent been able to get the changes in webcore:
dev:1872020-08-13 11:17:20.603 infoFibaro01 button child 1 button 1 was released

dev:1872020-08-13 11:17:19.319 infoFibaro01 button child 1 button 1 was held

has it been reported to Hubitat so the are looking into the problem?

yup

I don't know if mines faulty. I've tried to re-add the ubs after updating the c7 firmware and the device just isn't found.

i can add the UBS no problem (as i could before the new firmware), and the device reports states back, just not on "contact" mode, and i can seem to get anything to trigger of them when they are in momentary button mode

Still nothing?

No, i have updated to newest firmware, still not working... I. Considering rolling back to an old version, i have these as the backbone of my system, and changed to hubitat because they where officially supported :-1: this sucks

So my smartthings hub is still in place

Bah.

@bcopeland

Any hints on this? I know you wrote that the unit was somewhat problematic due to the way the pack child commands, but Will it be working in C7 anytime soon, or Should one consider buying the smartimplant instead? (Which i would believe is working..)

There has been several firmware releases since the reporting, but no love? :slight_smile:

@bcopeland

Any suggestions? It's one of the main items of a few menus...? =)

Yes.. Now that the main issues appear to be resolved.. We are turning our attention back to drivers..

6 Likes

Amazing, cheers!

@bcopeland any hints on when we can expect this unit to be working again ?
i am awaiting on this like a child for christmas eve.

Feel like I'm on the way to a sponsorship deal now, but I gave up waiting and installed a stack of nodemcu's / konnected WiFi sensors instead. Work perfect, and cost about £2.50 each.

can you link to some of the devices ? i suspect the solution isn't as versatile as the Fibaro universal sensor (which can be powered from 9-30v DC) most of my systems are powering them with 12v - but has a limit of 300 mAh!

i am considering going after "Smart Implant" instead, but it will be an exspensive swap for something in place which should work from the beginning...

I think the smart implant and the ubs is rubbish, to be honest. I've struggled with them for years. Since using the (incredibly versitile) nodemcu, it's been great. Search for my recent post.... I'm at work at the minute =p

On ST? On HE they have been perfect not ever missed a beat. Just need to get them working on the C-7