Fibaro Dimmer 2 settings question

Hi there. I'm new to Hubitat, and have added a Fibaro Dimmer 2 behind a double momentary push button switch, and I'm trying to see if I can program the dimmer buttons to function this way with the load:

button 1 short press and release - the dimmer turns on (hopefully to previously set dim level)
button 1 is held - raises the dimmer
button 2 short press and release - the dimmer turns off (if on)
button 2 is held - lowers the dimmer

Is this possible? Currently, the way the dimmer is working is that both buttons behave the same way - a single press and release turns the light on or off, and holding either button toggles between dimming up and dimming down.

Thanks in advance.

not sure about the memorise bit but I would thing so as well. You need to set the switch type to "toggle" to get the switch to work like you want.

I would use the community driver as the built in one doesn't work very well for the dimmer " 2 "

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/erocm123/Hubitat/master/Drivers/fibaro-dimmer-2.src/fibaro-dimmer-2.groovy

@BorrisTheCat - Thanks so much for your reply. Yes, I have the the switches set to toggle, and am using the community driver you linked to, but haven't been able to make each switch input (S1, S2), behave separately on the physical switch.

Right now, both S1 and S2 do exactly the same thing, and I'm trying to set the physical button behavior to be on/up for S1 and off/down for S2. (Also, super new to hubitat, so apologies in advance if I'm not clear with my question.).

Thanks again.

Have you kit configure?

Thanks so much - I think I’ve figured out the setting I need to change - I need to set the switch type to “Roller Blind.” However, now I’m having a problem getting the device settings to stick - “SAVE” doesn’t seem to do anything, and neither does “Configure”. I’ll keep troubleshooting.

I also was able to get my settings to save. I’m a totally newbie, so I realized, even though I had installed the driver you recommended, I did not set it as the actually driver for this device (I didn’t see the user drivers at the bottom of the list!) Once I did that, I was able to save the settings. Thanks again for your help.

1 Like