I am trying to control my Alexa enabled switches from Hubitat. it is "almost" working, but I have one issue/question.
What is working:
- I created a virtual contact sensor in Hubitat, and exposed it to Alexa
- In Alexa, I created two routines - 1) If virtual contact is open, turn on the alexa plug. 2) If virtual contact is closed, turn off alexa plug
- The above is allowing my Hubitat to open or close the lights connected to my plug
- If somebody closes the alexa switch from Alexa(and not via Hubitat), then the virtual switch in Hubitat naturally gets out of sync. Is there a way where when Alexa changes turns the switch on or off, it also updates the virtual switch back in Hubitat?
- Instead of me having to create 4 routines (if contact is open then turn on plug, if contact is closed turn off plug, if plug is turned on update contact status, if plug is turned off update contact status), is there some way to make more efficient routine? If I have 5-6 alexa plugs, I want to avoid 20-30 routines just so they can be controlled with Hubitat.