[FEEDBACK] Building a Withings Integration

Posted the official release thread here [RELEASE] Withings Integration

3 Likes

Got this fabulous new app/driver working.
And integrated with my new dashboard.
Take a look! :smiley:

(we get in bed, the AC goes on, the dimmed light goes off)
captured (1)

3 Likes

That's awesome! I love what you've done with the dashboard. I appreciate that your icon shows your wife taking up most of the bed :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yeah so true. But I've also explained to her that it is very easy for me to swap her out for someone else now, or even twins :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Hey @dman2306, thanks again for the awesome app but this morning I discovered a very serious issue and my wife is very unhappy with my home automation yet again. It took me 5 hours since I woke up to get out of bed. She said this is totally unacceptable, even on a Saturday. What can I do to fix this persistent (bed) bug?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PS. I'm sure the scales are adding 5kg to my weight too. At least, that what I'm telling her and I'm going to blame your code ok :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Having some troubles keeping my sleep pads connected. I found the presence was not triggering properly. So I re-ran the app, selected each of us (my wife and I), just accepted the products (scale and pads), and hit done. However, it's still not connected and I've found that the presence devices on my dashboard have disappeared and some rules I had referring to them now have errors which I'm unable to fix (for example I had some switches driven from presence, the triggers are now missing and unfortunately RM doesn't let me remove the dead trigger).

So the app creates new devices and throws the old ones away if it's re-run? Would it be possible to retain the devices and refresh them somehow rather than remove and recreate, so that I can retain any dashboard links and RM entries? Having said that, it's still not reconnected the devices anyway. Not sure what to do next. Maybe reinstall the app? Maybe I'm doing something wrong (probable :smile:)

Any advice welcome!

I also just got this email from Withings....

Maybe I start again.

Yeah, you definitely have something going on. Knock on wood, mine has been rock solid.....Maybe your tokens or something got corrupted.

Now trying to uninstall the app to start again. Getting this error message (which strangely refers to an install not just an uninstall)...

I manually deleted the devices. Maybe that was a mistake. So now I guess I will go in and manually try and delete the app outside of HPM and hope it doesn't screw anything else up.

not sure how much it matters to @dman2306, but might I suggest posting in the [release] thread for this integration?

Oh yes, sorry, guess I should put it out there....

1 Like

One of my pads picked a dynamic IP shared with another fixed IP device (my fault) , it would work for a week or so then fail. Was hard to diagnose as both devices only use the connection in a transitory way.

Is there a way to change my body+ scales reading from stone to lbs, on the device it reads as stones.

Tony

On the device? Or are you asking about this integration? If you're referring to the device, I do not know. I can say mine shows lbs but perhaps there is a UK version that can't. I'd contact Withings. For the integration, yes just it to Imperial, not Imperial UK:

1 Like

Ok thanks, it took me while to find the setting but i have changed it now, i assume it won't change until i get on the scale again as it still show stones on the device?

You still haven't answered the question, are you talking about on the physical device or in Hubitat?

2 Likes

If you are referring to the physical device, just press the button on the back of the scale and select the appropriate units.

1 Like

sorry on hubitat

Then yes, it will only change new events. There is no way to modify what has already been recorded.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.